SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    FN SCAR 17s for 2020 (New Pics Added)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN SCAR 17s for 2020 (New Pics Added) Login/Join 
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted
Took delivery of the last item I wanted to add... Holosun Green Dot reflex sight (purchased from our very own Brad). Just waiting for my next day off to take it to the range. We all love pictures. So here it is.

I have been thinking of getting one for a long time. I saw a NEW SCAR 17s (Made in USA) and a used 17s (Made in Belgium) in a local shop. I didn't even know that they started making SCAR 17 in USA. I have to get one that was Made in Belgium before they dry up from the the market. I purchased this LNIB from GB before the end of 2019. Picked it up from my FFL dealer 01/02/20. The Leupold VX-R Patrol scope is being delivered today. American Defense Delta mount and Olongapo Outfitter mag pouch should be here Tuesday. Can't wait to try this out this weekend.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ador,

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Love the Scar

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 6957 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
You will love the SCAR17. Buy lots of ammo cause you will need it.

Posts: 395 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice purchase, love me some SCAR 17. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year!!!

What a great way to ring in the new year. You will love the 17s. Great rifles for sure. How many mags does your mag pouch hold? Is it 4 or 8? You got a great start with accessories.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year to you as well. I read the description from Brownells. It said 8 mags. I need to buy extra 3 mags to have 8 spares and 1 in the rifle.

quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
Happy New Year!!!
How many mags does your mag pouch hold? Is it 4 or 8? You got a great start with accessories.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Great pick up - I love the SCAR-17.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
UPS delivered the Delta mount and Olongapo mag pouch today. It was scheduled for tomorrow. What a surprise.

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
That's interesting (and nice) to hear that FN is further bringing more production state side.

That's a nicely thought out battle rifle.

I hope to see good results from your range report

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope FN is able to bring the SCAR 16/17 prices down a bit with US based production, simply to make the weapon more accessible to the shooting public.

LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
I spoke with a regional FN rep on Friday. He said they're taking preorders on SCAR 20S in 6.5 Creedmore and that they would also be making black ones as well. I was really happy to hear that!

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW..I have lots of SCAR's as I am an addict. My new 20S is the first one I've bought that is built in the US. I can't find anything really different about it upon close inspection. Except of course that the colors are a bit different. But in the FDE Scar world the more odd colors you have the better the gun. so there.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just once, I'd like to see a manufacturer make changes to a firearm in production, that does not stem from attempts to cheapen the product. Just once, go the other way, huh? Just once.

Posts: 107249 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping price would drop since they wouldn't have to import it and do the "non-sporting" conversion dick dance with every civilian weapon when it arrived, installing folding stocks, grinding off the pin to prevent detachable magazines, etc.

My assumption is they'll be like HK and Glock, where the country of manufacture doesn't mean anything and the products are no different other than where the plastic is injection molded and parts assembled.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I'd love a Scar17, I'd like someone to make an FAL mag conversion for it though, because gun laws are dumb.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Just once, I'd like to see a manufacturer make changes to a firearm in production, that does not stem from attempts to cheapen the product. Just once, go the other way, huh? Just once.

Is FN doing something to screw up the SCAR? I understand they're moving production to the U.S. Are they worse off now?

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
This is the reason why I have decided to get a Belgium made one, while I still can. I am not sure what will be the quality of the USA made ones. I LIKE to support everything that is Made in USA as much as possible. But I don't want to take a chance on the SCAR.

Price wise, I see the US and Belgium made to be at the same price range right now.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

posted Hide Post
I'm not sure where para was headed on this one related to the SCAR, but I now have two US examples and I can't see anything (other than the color is different) that looks to me "worse".
FWIW, sample of 2.

posted Hide Post
And not related to the above issue, one would hope US production would ease the spare parts issues that exist and have existed for SCAR's.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I'm not sure where para was headed on this one related to the SCAR, but I now have two US examples and I can't see anything (other than the color is different) that looks to me "worse".
FWIW, sample of 2.
It ain't made in Belgium, but you can bet your bottom dollar that they won't lower the price by one single penny. As a matter of fact, I would guess that since it's the first of the year, they've raised the price.

From "Fabrique Nationale" to "some place in South Carolina", and costing more. This benefits whom? Spare parts? Just watch. Nothing will change with the constant deficit of spare parts for these rifles. It seems to me that that condition exists by design, and the culprit is FNH-USA.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107249 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post