SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    FN SCAR 17s for 2020 (New Pics Added)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
FN SCAR 17s for 2020 (New Pics Added) Login/Join 
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Pickin' up what you're puttin' down - especially now that I understand the process that FN used to go through to import these rifles.


-ShneaSIG


Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"
 
Posts: 10974 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
Added new pictures of the SCAR 17s.

Want to thank our very own BRAD for taking care of my previous orders (Holosun Green being the latest). Also ordered the TLR 8G from him last week Super fast shipping..


_______________________
P228 - West German
P220 - West German (9mm)
P220 ST
 
Posts: 1603 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice, I had my SCARs out last weekend to zero them after some optics moves.

Great rifles.
 
Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Let us know how those optics handle the big heavy.


---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.
 
Posts: 2470 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I put my Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 1-6x24 on my SCAR 17 and plan to see how it holds up, since Vortex said it "would be fine on the SCAR 17".

Did fine for the first 60 rounds, was tracking and making hits out to 350.
 
Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
Nice setup!

I love my Scar 17, but don't shoot it nearly often enough.

Have you looked into gas jets for it? They tend to come overgassed from the factory and will benefit, both suppressed and unsuppressed, from a slight restriction at the gas port/jet (I forget the exact term FN uses). I haven't done mine yet, but I refer back to my first statement about not shooting it.
 
Posts: 5852 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If you want to change gas jets I recommend you get the Parker Mountain Machine ones as they use an allen key and not the factory ones which use a flat screwdriver and is really easy to 'bugger' up the jet.


“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
 
Posts: 8854 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ador:
Added new pictures of the SCAR 17s.

Want to thank our very own BRAD for taking care of my previous orders (Holosun Green being the latest). Also ordered the TLR 8G from him last week Super fast shipping..


Thank you, sir.

The offset Holosun looks great on there.
 
Posts: 3601 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
If you want to change gas jets I recommend you get the Parker Mountain Machine ones as they use an allen key and not the factory ones which use a flat screwdriver and is really easy to 'bugger' up the jet.


I second this, I stripped the factory one getting it out and took me awhile to get that booger out. Then I saw PMM posted a video showing the best way to remove them, of course I didn't do what he suggests Big Grin


David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
 
Posts: 3353 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I put my Vortex Viper PST Gen 2 1-6x24 on my SCAR 17 and plan to see how it holds up, since Vortex said it "would be fine on the SCAR 17".

Did fine for the first 60 rounds, was tracking and making hits out to 350.


That's the same scope I use on mine & I use an Adland mount. Close to 1000 rounds with no issues.
 
Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    FN SCAR 17s for 2020 (New Pics Added)

© SIGforum 2020