SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Used/Trade/Buy optics site?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used/Trade/Buy optics site? Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Is there a secret place besides SF or GB to pick up nice, lightly used optics? Another optic centered website? I’m starting to look at glass for a rifle and am certainly open to used. Thanks

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I do some of that on AR15.com and M4carbine.com.

They have a feedback portion for each member, so you can assess if it's a person you want to do business with.

Scopelist does some trade ins but I bet it'll be like selling your guns to the LGS.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Good ideas, thanks sir! I’m mostly looking to buy.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah they have a lot of stuff on the EEs over there.

To buy, I prefer M4 - a more mature crowd IMO but to sell I use both to get traction. As long as they have the greenbacks, it's all good.

https://www.m4carbine.net/foru...8-Equipment-Exchange

Lots of lightly used, like new stuff as people try stuff out, etc.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
SWFA Sample List

Posts: 2299 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Awesome, thanks guys. I’m registered over on AR15.com but haven’t been there in years. Too many commandos. Big Grin I can deal with the classifieds section though. I’ll check these out today!

Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
The Equipment Exchange on AR15.com is a great place to pick up used optics.

Also a great place to buy shotguns, ironically. Most of the time AR parts are priced high in relation to new. But optics and gently used shotguns are easy to find.

I have purchased more than a few high end optics through the EE.

Look for good feedback. It doesn't need to be a thousand sales. If a guy has 10 sales with feedback of 100% positive you generally have nothing to worry about.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every time I've listed a scope for sale for AR15.com, I get several folks wanting to trade AR parts. I want cash not AR parts.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There’s a rifle scope trader group on Facebook, if gotten rid of a lot of stuff there and picked up a few scopes at good prices. Ever had any shenanigans.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I have had good success with the EE on arf.com buying sights and optics.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
What are you looking for? A WTB ad in the classifieds on a his this forum has been known to show results.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Check here: https://forum.snipershide.com/...tics-buy-sell-trade/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Not certain what I’m looking for yet, just FYI. Still trying to decide on a LPV for a 16” AR, Grendel. Hoping to settle on a 1-8 I can afford, 1-6 at minimum. Thanks again for all the recommendations

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
by GB do you mean Gunboards or Gunbroker?

ebay is a good place to look as well,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Not certain what I’m looking for yet, just FYI. Still trying to decide on a LPV for a 16” AR, Grendel. Hoping to settle on a 1-8 I can afford, 1-6 at minimum. Thanks again for all the recommendations

Lower magnification with better glass and internals will make you happier in the long run than higher magnification with poorer glass quality.

What kind of price range are you thinking?

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
SWFA Sample List

+1. Great people to deal with.

Posts: 875 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: May 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Lower magnification with better glass and internals will make you happier in the long run than higher magnification with poorer glass quality.

What kind of price range are you thinking?[/QUOTE]

Used...under $1000 for sure. New, hopefully not much over $1000

Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
http://aaoptics.com/
Every so often these people have some good deals
I have 3 Vortex scopes and 2 of there red dots , I am pleased with all of them

Posts: 1600 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post