SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Building a 9mm AR...how dependable is using an AR15 lower with a magazine adapter?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Building a 9mm AR...how dependable is using an AR15 lower with a magazine adapter? Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:

You will be glad you did. The RDB is much smoother than a blowback 9mm. The endomags are super slick too.

USPS just delivered the Endomag innards this morning and I installed them into 2nd gen PMags...this is a slick design Big Grin...they also delivered an order of 500 124 grain plated 9MM bullets from Accura Bullets...now while waiting for the upper to arrive, I’ll get to loading. One question though...does your upper favor any type of load ie. bullet weight, powder or velocity?

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
USPS just delivered the Endomag innards this morning and I installed them into 2nd gen PMags...this is a slick design Big Grin...they also delivered an order of 500 124 grain plated 9MM bullets from Accura Bullets...now while waiting for the upper to arrive, I’ll get to loading. One question though...does your upper favor any type of load ie. bullet weight, powder or velocity?

I have only shot mine with WWB 115gr and my own handloads. 125gr Precision Delta bullets (polymer coated), loaded with green dot powder to make minor power factor out of my USPSA guns. Both loads shot very well.

Posts: 14122 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
UPS delivered my CMMG upper today...I mounted a Vortex 1X Spitfire scope off an extra rifle upper
I haven’t used in a while...put the whole shebang on my pistol lower and hope to head out to the range this weekend for some 9MM fun Smile

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am I reading this right, Endomags and a 9MM upper is all that's needed to convert a 5.56 AR to 9MM ?

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Am I reading this right, Endomags and a 9MM upper is all that's needed to convert a 5.56 AR to 9MM ?

You’ll want a 9mm buffer as well.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25419 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

You’ll want a 9mm buffer as well.

Assuming the CMMG is the only upper which can use the standard 5.56 buffer?

If it's that simple, CMMG upper and Endomags... I'm in.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://cmmginc.com/product/up...anshee-200-mkgs-9mm/

From CMMG’s website...FAQs...

What is CMMG’s 9 AR Conversion ?

Developed in collaboration with Mean Arms, CMMG’s 9 AR Conversion magazine is designed to allow a standard M16/M4/AR15 lower to run 9 x 19mm Luger ammunition with the use of a CMMG MkGs 9mm Radial Delayed Blowback operating system upper group. The 9 AR Conversion magazine is not a .223/5.56 to 9mm conversion kit. The 9 AR Conversion allows owners of standard M16/M4/AR15 to purchase a dedicated CMMG 9mm MkGs upper group. The 9 ARC and MkGs upper groups are designed to be compatible with M16/M4 full auto lower receivers. The 9 AR Conversion utilizes a MagPul PMAG® 30/AR/M4 GEN M2 MOE® magazine body.

NOTE: The lower receiver should run a standard carbine buffer and action spring for reliab

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

Jimmy Buffet

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:

If it's that simple, CMMG upper and Endomags... I'm in.

I was thinking same thing until I saw the Endo mags are $30 a pop, you could get 2 Colt style mags for that price. I think a Spikes colt style lower has my name on it soon.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I bought a de-milled Colt 9mm machine gun which contained everything except the lower.
One of the main things that attracted me to it, was it came with a factory 3-round burst ... which I used 2-3 times and got bored with and put it in a bag some where. However I still shoot the Colt 10.5" upper, with the matching bolt & carrier, buffer as well as the Colt mag block and was supposed to come with 2 Colt mags which turned out to be something other than Colt, but they worked fine.

Being de-milled, the mag block had the rivet holes drilled out, but it also had a screw in the bottom that when tightened would push out to pistons to lock it into place.

I've used it on different SBR'd lowers and my M16 and have never had a problem with it

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I think I like the complete CMMG Banshee 300 with the Glock lower...

$1550 is steep but not terrible.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post