SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    X95 Tavor owners, please step inside
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X95 Tavor owners, please step inside Login/Join 
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted
So I just got this x95. I'm trying to hook a QD sling (magpul) on it. It fits fine on the rear. But when I try to hook into the front, the hole on the rail covers is slightly too small. I was going to use a drill but I don't have one big enough. Any ideas how to enlarge that hole a little?

I'm sure its just the cover. It hooks in fine with the rail cover off. But I don't want to run the gun without covers.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
To keep it centered a step bit works well, and if the next size up isn't quite enough you don't have to find another bit!

I've had good luck with Harbor Freight for the tool I only plan on using once ... Of course if you're plan on using it more often you might buy a better quality.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to do the same thing on the rail covers. I just took a piece of fine sandpaper rolled it around a pencil and moved it back and fourth a bit to open the hole and allow the QD sling loop stud to move freely inside the rail cover hole.

Posts: 266 | Location: South Florida  | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue. Then I realized the I didn’t like the 2pt sling with the front so far forward, it got in the way with my light access. I mounted an old Surefire X200 I had laying around. I use the left side middle QD attachment and the right side rear QD attachment with a Magpul MS3. I found that the rifle sat closer to the body this way. YMMV.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubagel:
I had to do the same thing on the rail covers. I just took a piece of fine sandpaper rolled it around a pencil and moved it back and fourth a bit to open the hole and allow the QD sling loop stud to move freely inside the rail cover hole.

Ill give that a try.

Thanks guys

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post