SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt 6960 Talo edition Thoughts?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt 6960 Talo edition Thoughts? Login/Join 
Picture of kent j
posted
Anybody know anything about the Talo edition Colt 6960? Looks to be a 6920 with upgraded handguard, pistol grip and trigger guard. Is it worth $1239.00?

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them
It's only racist to those who want it to be.
It's a magazine, clips are for potato chips and hair

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
ETA: Misread the model number. Disregard my previous comment.

Posts: 8414 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
6960 is a mid-length (I think this is Colt's first) and is not the same as a 6920, I believe the handguard is a Centurion Arms.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Just did some research and the handguard (which I really like) is selling for 220.00. don't understand mid length. Better or worse than 6920? Only reason I ask is I know 6920's have been selling for 800.00 lately but seems like they are all gone.

Regards, Kent j

You can learn something from everyone you meet, If nothing else you can learn you don't want to be like them

Posts: 294 | Location: Southern Indiana | Registered: December 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely better. High quality free-float handguard (and it is a lot longer than the puny 7" on the 6920), much better barrel profile than the silly M4 and the mid-length gas will have lower operating pressure.

A similarly upgraded 6920 would be 95% as good IMO, but you'd have to have the tools and know how to do it plus spend the $ on a low pro gas block and handguard.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Don't have any experience with these guys but it looks like they have it for $1,156 shipped:

http://tsswarehouse.com/shop/c...lo-colt-le6960ccu-2/

Awhile back, there was a store that was selling them for $1,000 and I almost bought one but didn't have the money at the time.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kent j
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like it's not entirely out of line. Doesn't sound like I could build a 6920 any cheaper.

Regards, Kent j

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kent j:
Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like it's not entirely out of line. Doesn't sound like I could build a 6920 any cheaper.

If you like it as configured (no reason why you shouldn't it is solid, no need to change a thing), I'd pull the trigger on the $1,155.90 price.

Add an Aimpoint, light, 2pt quick adjust sling and ammo/magazines. Get at least 10x mags...or 20.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
If I were in the market for an AR, that’s the model I’d get. I say go for it.

Posts: 3518 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Like this gun....would definitely consider if I was AR shopping.

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Back in 2007 when the 6920 was the only game in town I paid $1,295 for it and upgraded all the furniture for $300 more. That's a steal for what it is and I almost exclusively shoot my mid length AR's these days.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post