SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Malaysian Surplus and PPU 308 Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Malaysian Surplus and PPU 308 Question Login/Join 
posted
I have seen it a decent prices lately and have a few semi auto 308s that need feed. How good is this stuff for plinking?

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
It's excellent. I just ran through another 40 rounds this morning. Reliable, reasonably clean, consistent in the rifle.

Buy with confidence.

Who's got the best deal at the moment? I should pick up some more.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Artie thanks. Classic Firearms has 1080 rounds for $385.71 is before shipping.

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. The Malaysian is NOT reloadable. It is non-corrosive, brass cased but Berdan primed.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'd buy PPU new all day over Malay or any other surplus.

You can get the PPU 308 for just over 50-cents a round, which is good enough for me.

Then again I'm shooting it through a SCAR 17. If I had a cheaper 308 blaster I'd probably try the Malay stuff.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post