SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New deer rifle!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New deer rifle! Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
Savage Axis LH in 270win, Bushnell Banner 3-9x 40mm scope, Game Reaper (medium) one piece mount.

Cat: small trouble-making shitbag.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
All the cat needs is a sign on the chair that says "Now I have a rifle. Ho, ho, ho..."

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Just need to add a catonette lug for close engagements and you'll be all set.

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I like the mount. I believe DNZ discounted that mount. But I like the one I have on a .300wsm. It has been rock solid.

I am not a Savage fan myself. But many say they shoot great. Especially for the price point.

The Banner is a cheap chinese scope I believe. If it does the job, great. If not maybe look at a Nikon prostaff if in fact nikon is quitting the scope business I bet you could pick one up cheap and they are a decent scope.

Congrats on your new deer gun.

Cute kitty! That face is priceless Smile

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
A southpaw bolt! You must be a brother from another Mother!
Get that baby sighted in and show us some groups.

I myself use mostly God’s chosen 30 calibers but 270 will work. Wink
Have fun.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I have a Savage 110 and it has worked its away ahead of many other, more expensive deer rifles I have. Light and easy to carry great trigger and a tack driver. If it accidentally gets dropped in the mud...it washes right up. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:

Alright. This made me snort and laugh!

Nice rifle.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nice rifle.

Axis or Axis II?

My dad got my stepmom/sister an Axis (non Accu-trigger) in 243 and was appalled with the trigger (very heavy).
Timney drop-in made a significant improvement.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Hey, just a heads up. The Savage Axis is marked down at Walmart, $198, if in stock.

I was wanting a 22-250 to go with my mid weight custom gun. I’ve not been a big Savage fan, though I do have an older 110.

Instead of the $500-$800 rifle I thought I’d give this Axis a try. They had a 243 at the same price.

Just setting up right now, simple trigger kit on the way.

I used one of those online, inventory searches for inventory, brickseek I think.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I have a Savage AXIS in 223. It's a good shooter. Has a Nikko 3-9X40 scope.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Savage Axis LH in 270win, Bushnell Banner 3-9x 40mm scope, Game Reaper (medium) one piece mount.

That is a grey short haired tabby right they are the spawn of the devil. I sure miss mine.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post