SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    What spring weight for ALG ACT trigger in M&P 15-22?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What spring weight for ALG ACT trigger in M&P 15-22? Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
I installed an ALG Defense ACT trigger in the wife's S&W M&P 15-22 based on some reviews here. I installed it with the purple spring that's rated at 4.5lbs.

Will this be sufficient for .22LR ammo? She really likes the feel of this trigger and would like to stay with it at this weight. If others have had issues I'll just switch to the 6lb Tan spring. Even the 6lb would still be smoother than the factory trigger.

I will be buying more of these for my other AR rifles!

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Fired 100 or so CCI MiniMags and everyone fired with the 4.5lbs spring so I'll leave it unless I have issues.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have have an ALG ACT trigger in my 15-22, I purchased mine when only came with one hammer spring but later installed a JP reduced power hammer spring (red) and thousands and thousands of rounds later still works like a champ. I put through a lot of different brands of ammo but for the most part I use bulk packs.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Do standard AR triggers fit these 22lr’s?? I had no idea Frown

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Yes the 15-22 uses a standard AR trigger group.

Fired another 200 or so in 35* weather, no issues. While the temp shouldn’t affect the trigger directly, the ALG GoJuice worked great, no function issues.