SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    On a lever gun binge. Picked up a Marlin GBL .45-70
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On a lever gun binge. Picked up a Marlin GBL .45-70 Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
New production but fit and finish are very good. Action seems pretty smooth. Maybe they have gotten the kinks worked out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ruger357,

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great! Am waiting on a SBL myself, delivery time is supposed to be three weeks from now, can hardly wait!

Glad yo see they've improved their QC!

Posts: 414 | Location: Stockholm, Sweden. | Registered: February 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On my short list. Waiting for your impressions.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Im sure the kinks have been worked but tis still a Remington product so I guess it just depends on the day Smile

In reality, I'm sure its to the point now similar to the US vs W. German made P series Sigs. As to the lever guns, I still want the JM stamp.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love mine.

My only complaint is that the front sight was cocked off to the right a few degrees.

Problem easily solved with my local gunsmith, but just something that shouldn't be an issue at all.

I did put a 4x scout scope on it so I wasn't too concerned about the front sight, but still....

As far as the rifle goes though? It shoots like butter.

You're going to love it. If you don't reload now, get into it. You won't find an easier round to load, and before long, you find a great load for yourself.

I've found a round that'll knock the hell out of anything and that I can shoot all day long. I just giggle every time I pull the trigger it's so much fun. There's just something about sending 4-500 grains of lead downrange that brings a smile to a man's face.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Marlin lever guns are fun to shoot. Looks great.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Love 45-70

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I have one, I ordered the XS sights and rail at the same time. It's the same rail that came on my CBSL. Love it!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That's nice...really nice! Lever action is by far my favorite action type...the guns are very well balanced and handy. And the .45-70 just brings a smile (or grimace, depending upon load, lol) to one's face every time you pull the trigger!

Posts: 8417 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post