SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need a QD mount for Thermal Scope
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need a QD mount for Thermal Scope Login/Join 
posted
Recently purchased an ATN Thor4 thermal scope. I would like to find a QD mount to mount it to an AR. I recently purchased a ADM QD mount and discovered that thermals need a much wider ring to ring spacing to accommodate a thermal scope.

ATN sells a QD made for their thermals but the reviews don't seem to be very positive regarding quality. Their QD mount sells for around $100 so that may be expected.

Does anyone have suggestions for a QD mount with ultra wide ring to ring spacing that would work for mounting a thermal scope?

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
ATN Thor4 thermal scope

I don't know from personal experience but a quick look at the specs say its a 30mm tube but they don't actually give a spacing. the number of mounts for those is probably in the thousands and probably tens of thousands. Just find one that matches the spacing you need. or individual mounts if none of those work. if you measure the needed length I can certainly check the unified ones I have which is probably a dozen different brands.
so

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GG&G:

https://www.gggaz.com/?subcats...2d3ce819a08908369fc2

or LaRue:

https://www.larue.com/category...s/riflescope-mounts/

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to need a ring to ring spacing of absolute min of 3.5 inches. It looks like the GG&G at 3.75 may be an option. The LaRues are 2.9 inches so they won't work.

How do you all feel about the GG&G single lever vs the more standard dual lever QD systems?

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a single lever on my red-dots, never had any issues with them. But they were shorter radius than what you're looking for. Locked up tight, and stayed tight. Never had a problem with any drift or shift in impact. Solidly built.

And that's for both GG&G and LaRue.

I don't think there's going to be any problems with it on a Thermal.

What about using 2 separate rings?

https://www.larue.com/products...mm-2-piece-qd-lt123/

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8342 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

What about using 2 separate rings?

https://www.larue.com/products...mm-2-piece-qd-lt123/

Possibly but I am going to beat the bushes some more for a one piece QD mount.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DansSIGs:
ADM 1700 dual lever-approx 4" length.
3 rail heights available.
2 rings of your choosing to mount to pic rail/ADM 1700.

Thanks