SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Remington 700 PCR - Anybody own one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 PCR - Anybody own one? Login/Join 
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted
I’m interested in a .308 bolt gun for punching paper at 100 to 300 yards. The Remington 700 PCR caught my eye. It has some features I like, such as an adjustable butt stock and detachable mags.

Does anyone own this rifle? What are your impressions?

I’ve also looked at other Remington 700 models, a couple of the Savage guns, and the Tikka T3x CTR.

I’m interested in a .308 rifle because I’m well supplied with .308. I don’t want to invest in another caliber right now. Thanks.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I do not own one, but I have multiple bolt action rifles including Savage, Remington, Tikka, Kimber, Weatherby, Ruger, and Christensen Arms.

I do not like the look of the PCR, but the features of it are very nice.

Unlike the RPR, where the stock sucks and needs to be replaced so there is another $250 right there.

Also the grip angle is more comfortable than a regular rifle stock.

Tikka has been the most accurate out of all of them.

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
My local shop has a bunch of 700 XCR's that were former Tracking Point guns being sold as "used" for $450 ea. I have one put aside even though I was decided on a Tikka.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post