SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    EoTech Class action settlement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

EoTech Class action settlement Login/Join 
posted
It's been a few years since I sent mine back for the refund, but today a postcard arrived indicating I'd be receiving $22.50 credit on top of the refund.

WTF? EoTech has already refunded me my entire purchase price plus shipping. Why would I (or anyone else in my position) be entitled to anything additional?

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
WTF? EoTech has already refunded me my entire purchase price plus shipping. Why would I (or anyone else in my position) be entitled to anything additional?

False advertising, they knew about the issues for years and lied about the acceptable operating conditions. IMO they got off easy, companies that lie like this should be punished much more punitively so as to be an example to others of what not to do.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I only glanced at my mailer before heading out the door but I believe it's a credit or voucher toward the purchase of an EOTECH product. No thanks.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ceptor781:
I only glanced at my mailer before heading out the door but I believe it's a credit or voucher toward the purchase of an EOTECH product. No thanks.

Me too. Mine went right in the garbage. $22.50 towards a new scope? No thanks.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent in a request for a refund. Eotech sent an email saying they had received the request but not to send it back until I got further instructions.

Then crickets for 6 weeks.

I requested an update.

Crickets for 2 weeks.

Again I requested an update.

Received an email asking me to forward the original email from them telling me to wait.

More crickets.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Sent in a request for a refund. Eotech sent an email saying they had received the request but not to send it back until I got further instructions.

I requested an update.

Crickets for 2 weeks.

Received an email asking me to forward the original email from them telling me to wait.

More crickets.

How long ago was this and unfortunate to hear. I actually don't have anything negative to say about how they handled my return other than the time it took to receive the refund after I sent it in. Granted this was back when everything first released and they started processing.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Wendy and I sent back three of our units and got refunds. If they send us credit vouchers, I'll put them up as Karma. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Mine went straight into the garbage too.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 98XJRC:
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:

I requested an update.

Crickets for 2 weeks.

More crickets.

How long ago was this and unfortunate to hear. I actually don't have anything negative to say about how they handled my return other than the time it took to receive the refund after I sent it in. Granted this was back when everything first released and they started processing.

Still on going. Makes me steer away from anything made by L3.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:

False advertising, they knew about the issues for years and lied about the acceptable operating conditions. IMO they got off easy, companies that lie like this should be punished much more punitively so as to be an example to others of what not to do.

Especially since they were directly marketed to our Military. They should have been hammered out of existence without a doubt!
My notice went in the trash as well. You'll catch me spending exactly ZERO on any EoTech product and very likely any L3 product.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my notice and it went straight to the trash as well. I actually had an Eotech on my M4 during my second deployment to Iraq many years back. There's no way I'd ever go back to using their product again, I will stick to Trijicon and Aimpoint on my military and personal weapons.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Eotech tried to short change me on Tax and Shipping.

Received the Tax, was screwed on the shipping.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
I think the early birds got the best treatment from them. We sent our sites in about 30 days after the recall notice. While confusing at first money came in about 30 days. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Got my full refund a year ago. This notice was round-filed. I have no need for $22.50 in Eotech credit.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
I received my refund sometime last year.

The voucher has little value to me but at $22.50, it is about enough to buy a t-shirt from their swag store.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
I received my refund sometime last year.

The voucher has little value to me but at $22.50, it is about enough to buy a t-shirt from their swag store.

IIRC, the voucher is to be used towards a scope. I'm not 100%, but pretty sure that's what it said.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if they ever corrected the issue that prompted the recall in the first place? As they are still selling them, it doesn't make any sense to continue the same flawed product if they will just refund you for it, and in some cases, more than the original value.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Does anyone know if they ever corrected the issue that prompted the recall in the first place?

EOTech has evidently started advising some agency purchasers (and perhaps others) that their sights are subject to zero drift caused by temperature changes. I interpreted that as a tacit admission that the problem hasn’t been or can’t be corrected, but now anyone who buys one doesn’t have a complaint that they didn’t know or were misled about it.

I believe it was at the 2016 SHOT show that a company rep basically said that a drifting zero wasn’t likely to occur at normal temperatures, wasn’t that big a deal if it did happen, and if it does, just rezero your sight the same way you’d do if you traveled from a low elevation to a high elevation to hunt. Roll Eyes
That was another indication to me that the problem couldn’t or wasn’t going to be corrected—at least not at the time.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once a class action suit is approved the only real winners are the guy that filed and the lawyers.Mostly the lawyers who garner the biggest piece of the pie. Everybody else barely gets gas money, if nothing at all.

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, come on guys, the Eotech sights in the Call of Duty videogames haven't had any problems, right? There is that!

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post