SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bought a CZ 457
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a CZ 457 Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
..and it’s over all length is short! It’s posed next to an 11.5” sbr’d AR. I can’t wait to get an optic for it and shoot!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Nice, I've been intrigued to see what they bring to the game - looks like an "American" style safety is the main thing?

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Yeah...the 457 has a few improvements over the 455. Shorter throw bolt, American style safety, adjustable trigger....something else I can’t remember too. I just “tested” it with a Rugged Oculus on it. Man it’s quiet.

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
.... oh, it’s still interchangeable with all the 455 barrels (different rimfire calibers).

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
.... oh, it’s still interchangeable with all the 455 barrels (different rimfire calibers).
Oooh, very nice. I have a 452 in 22LR and a 455 with 22LR/17HMR. Not sure I need another CZ rimfire but it's tempting.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Dooo it!

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dooo it!

I hate you. I have a 455 that I chopped to 16.5” and threaded, I have no need for one of these. But...

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I've got one coming. Put the order in Tuesday. Can't wait. Cool

Posts: 2831 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigM4:
quote:
Dooo it!

I hate you. I have a 455 that I chopped to 16.5” and threaded, I have no need for one of these. But...

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah...the 457 has a few improvements over the 455. Shorter throw bolt, American style safety, adjustable trigger....something else I can’t remember too. I just “tested” it with a Rugged Oculus on it. Man it’s quiet.

I actually don't mind a bolt-mounted safety like the 455, but it being backwards (safe is forward) is aggravating.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing CZ opted to shorten the barrel to cut down on weight.. It's fairly heavy. What caliber is this 457? I'm drooling to get one in 17HMR. A local store had the 455 17HMR for $399.. didn't last long and I found out about it too late. Mad

I'm looking to shoot varmints with it only.. but, I'm kinda veering toward the American. The Varmint looks like a sawed off shotgun Smile

Posts: 16 | Registered: April 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
My particular 457 is a 22LR. It’s available in some other rim fire cartridges too. The barreled actions swap out easily for the other chamberings. I think the main reason for the 16” barrel on this model is because it’s threaded. 20” plus barrels *with* a can gets awful long.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Did you confirm that it will use 455 barrels? I know it says it uses the same barrel swap feature but I wasnt able to verify that the actual barrels would interchange.

I have half a dozen 455's sitting here so I doubt I'll make the move to the 457 but I should do like the shorter bolt lift, no more stupidly high rings to clear optics.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
Did you confirm that it will use 455 barrels? I know it says it uses the same barrel swap feature but I wasnt able to verify that the actual barrels would interchange.

I have half a dozen 455's sitting here so I doubt I'll make the move to the 457 but I should do like the shorter bolt lift, no more stupidly high rings to clear optics.

The barrels are interchangeable between the 455 and 457.

Posts: 1485 | Location: Kansas City  | Registered: June 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I shot one at a company function. Was most impressive. The trigger and bolt throw were phenomenal. A very solid little rifle indeed.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Area 419 is making a nice scope base and bolt knob for the 457. My 455 has been relegated to .17 HMR since I acquired a Vudoo 22 LR. Manners is making their PRS stock for the 457 as well. Every CZ product I own outperforms its price tag.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post