SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Ruger Standard American Rimfire 8351, good or is there something better ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Standard American Rimfire 8351, good or is there something better ? Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
Ruger American 22LR Stainless
Thinking about adding a 22lr bolt with threaded barrel to the stable.
Would put a Nikon Prostaff Target EFR 3-9x40 AO scope on it.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm a CZ 455 guy (and its predecessor the 452), but if not I'd strongly consider a Ruger.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got one for my son, shoots great.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are good guns, I have one on order and it's going to have a leupold fx 4 power scope on it. My main 22 is a 77/22 which I absolutely love. If I hadn't of been able to get my 77/22, I'd be ok with the American or a Cz.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ 452 with a 24" barrel and that thing shoots way, way better than I do.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3693 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not have a Ruger American Rimfire, but given magazine commonality with the 10/22, it would be at the top of my list for a bolt action Rimfire.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a CZ455, Kimber 82g, and an Anschutz MPR. The MPR is just about as accurate as one can get.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I do not have the SS version.
The bolt is not as slick as the Savage I had before.
I do like the threaded barrel and shoot it suppressed most of the time ( it is Hollywood quiet, BTW)
And I like the 10/22 mag compatibility.
I do not have a scope or an optic on it, but so far the irons have been enough for me and my son. He is more accurate than I am with it (I miss 17 year old eyes)

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
the RAR's are great guns; I have three of them. The stocks are very good for the price-point, though I'd love some nice Boyds wood for them at some point (just wish they weren't 2/3 the price of the guns)

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post