SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Primary Arms has Anderson lowers for $29.99
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Primary Arms has Anderson lowers for $29.99 Login/Join 
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have more rifles than I can shoot. I haven't touched my 18" or Tavor X95 in months. I just built a 12" Grendel sbr and might get to shoot it sometime this week.

Everytime PSA has a sale on something I want with 10 PMAGs, I but it. I've got cases of ten pmags clogging up the closet. My 5.56 ammo is sparse (IMO) at only 8000+ rounds. I've stopped buying 5.56 since I rarely shoot it and am concentrating on 300blk and 6.5 Grendel.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8010 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I admit that it’s tough to get into the ammo / mags mindset - because those are simply supplies / expendable things, as opposed to a rifle which isn’t (to a greater degree).

Sure, you need more than 1 rifle and pistol, but at some point all of these ‘builds’ become an impediment to being able to use / shoot what you have well.

I get collecting, I get spare pistols / rifles / lowers, and I can understand ‘build-I-tus’, but I have never subscribed to having 5-10 home build rifles that will be photographed for posterity, see a mag or three at the range then locked away until they are sold for another ‘build’.

Obviously people are free to do as they see fit, but a weapon with out sufficient ammunition is just a future paperweight.

Bingo. A few threads over the past year have stated that if a person doesn't have an AR or two, now's the time to get the lower/upper/rifle. But for many of us here, we don't lack for ARs.

I have enough assembled lowers to last the rest of my life. And it's not a fleet of budget builds, but rather a small group of purpose-built ARs. No scrimping on optics. I'd rather have one AR that fills its intended role perfectly, instead of three that sorta/kinda/maybe do what's necessary. In various carbine courses I've seen a trigger fail at 20k rounds, and buffer springs getting weak at 10k-ish rounds. Those are likely my lower wear items.

I have more magazines than I will ever need -- courtesy of my state's messed up mag capacity laws. But it allows me to toss my grandfathered mags without worry as they malfunction. So the 1-2 mags I'm losing per year are no big deal. I figure I can toss 3-4 per year over the rest of my life any I'm fine.

Ammo is my primary consumable. I don't buy it by the case to hoard, but rather to replenish what's being shot. I'm now finding that barrels are a consumable supply, too. I pulled one shot-out barrel this year, probably will need another next year, and another the year after that.

There are no dust bunnies on my ARs. Dirt, mud, sand, scratches, wear marks -- you betcha.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:mm
Depends where "there" is. Big Grin

Are 50 PMAGS and 2,500 rounds of 5.56 reasonable?

In my dads “opinion”;
That’s enough mags for 5 guns but only enough ammo for 2.5 guns ... keep working on it!

BTW ... I don’t have 10 mags & 1k of ammo per gun either

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$30 again. From the email, expires early Monday:

"Offers good while supplies last or through 8:00am CST January 29th, 2018."

http://www.primaryarms.com/and...2_Ad_34_24_Hour_Sale

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I used the occasion to grab a couple of Andersen’s as well as the Aero M4E1 I’ve been eyeing. Thx.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Yep, I was tempted when they first ran this sale, but did not buy. I did give in this weekend and pick up another Anderson lower for $30.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I still haven't built anything with the 3 I bought last time.

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I still haven't built anything with the 3 I bought last time.

I just bought three from Aim at $32, they're going to remain as is for the foreseeable future. But at that price, how could I resist? It's about the same as an oil change - oops, wrong thread - and someday I'll use them or sell them.

Unless someday never comes.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post