SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Rolling stackable rifle kit? Any ideas?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rolling stackable rifle kit? Any ideas? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Have you guys seen those rolling stackable toolboxes?

I’m looking for something similar for the range. I want to carry 2-3 scopes rifles, an ammo can, and a range bag that will stack/bundle, and roll.

Any suggestions?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
How about a jogging stroller?

Most of the shooters at matches here use them.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I don't know of anything like that,

however as a guy that shot highpower, they do make nice stools with wheels, that can do most of what you want , (but are geared to one gun, scope, mat, ammo etc,

may want to look at some Cowboy action stuff, they tend to be home made from what I see but carry multiple rifles/shotguns,

Rolan Kraps may be the one to contact on that

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
How handy are you? I've designed and built lots of gun carts for Cowboy Action Shooting that would fit that bill.

This is one of my best/easiest designs.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmg3...lans%202017.pdf?dl=0

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
How handy are you? I've designed and built lots of gun carts for Cowboy Action Shooting that would fit that bill.

This is one of my best/easiest designs.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qmg3...lans%202017.pdf?dl=0

I'll take it, thanks Rolan! I'll PM you my shipping address.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolan

Great looking Cart

Your instructions were very good

Almost wanted to make one and start shooting some Cowboy

RC

Posts: 1938 | Location: Indiana | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RC:
Rolan

Great looking Cart

Your instructions were very good

Almost wanted to make one and start shooting some Cowboy

Come join the Fun, RC! BTW, the cart folds down for easy transport.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
It's been a while, but I once saw a guy at the range who had turned a traveling golf cart in to a multi long gun carrier. It was one of the hard plastic ones with wheels and it seemed to do what he wanted it to. I didn't look close enough at it to see how he had configured it.

Posts: 1215 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
There's several commercially available range carts which are sort of expensive but you can check them out and maybe fabricate something.
Range Tactical Gear
Rugged Gear
Harbor Freight
Creedmoor Sports
Shooting Range Cart Plans (Google Search)

Posts: 229 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post

An inexpensive experiment. A carryon bag from academy with thick straps on the sides. Rolls well seems sturdy.

TCB all the time...

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
What range are you taking that to?

You'd get the "WTF" look from me! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
What range are you taking that to?

You'd get the "WTF" look from me! Wink

LOL! I don’t care what about they say. A couple of cervical surgeries makes carrying heavy stuff a ways a pain, literally.

I hope I don’t feel like that dude with the superfly suit and the goldfish in his shoes.

TCB all the time...

posted Hide Post
In the IDPA outdoor world most of use the folding wagons you can get at Academy for about $50. Not perfect, but it's handy for lugging all your shit around.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post