SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Riley Defense AK47 Picture added
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Riley Defense AK47 Picture added Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
LGS is now only carring Riley Defense AK47, they have all three models, Traditional wood, Polymer and a Tactical model.

I like the Tactical but it seems nose heavy when compared to the Traditional. The Trigger on the Riley traditional model is quite good, fit and finish looks good.

Whats the scoop on Riley Defense AK, they are USA made, and this is a range toy for me so Its more about fun.

https://rileydefense.com/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Maybe wait for the Rob Ski test?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Ditto. They look good though....

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rob Ski

Thanks looks like he reviewed early on in production. Three Videos

http://www.akoperatorsunionloc...com/?s=riley+defense

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Rob Ski

Thanks looks like he reviewed early on in production. Three Videos

http://www.akoperatorsunionloc...com/?s=riley+defense

I watched his 2018 summary video; he's of the opinion from talks with Riley that the bugs are out and should be GTG. Looking forward to the update should he do it (or others).

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Picked one up tonight will have to get it unboxed and will get a picture

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Not to be a useless PITA, but please let us know what you find.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I have to pick up some ammo, and take it down for cleaning/inspection/oil then will run it up to the range for a little test session.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Who makes/sells a good mounting system for putting an optic on this Rifle

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I like RS Regulate for the Yugos in the house; Midwest Industries tends to be a popular alternative, and there's always the Atero mount if you'd rather not work off of the rail. FWIW, there should be other good options out there as well.

Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Good... gg&g
Best... RSregulate

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
If someone gave me a Riley Defense AK, I’d honestly give it to someone else. The only American made AK that has proven itself is the Palmetto State Armory one. Riley has shown to be no good once before, and I see no reason to think they’ve got it figured out now.

For red dot mounts, I like Aterro. For magnified optic mounts, I like RS regulate or MI.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a PSA AK47 ODG Zhukov stock model. I purchased a Leapers UTG scope mount but it would not fit the rail; the opening was too large. I returned it and bought a Arsenal SM-13 Mount, which is adjustable and fit my rifle perfectly.

I could not find a RS Regulate or Mid West Ind. mount locally. AK stuff is difficult to find in my area.

Rob Ski tested and approved the Arsenal SM-13 mount about four years ago.

Posts: 1988 | Location: metro Atlanta, GA | Registered: July 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I tried the RS Regulate mount. It works well, and it's certainly high quality, but it's also fairly large and rather bulky.

I ended up switching to a micro red dot on an Ultimak gas tube mount, and I'm a lot happier. Smaller, lighter, and lower profile.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Like a lot of people here, over the years I've had a bunch of AK's over the years, quite a few of them I wish I still have ... Honestly I think for the money it's hard to beat the Zastava PAP rifles, but for very reasonably priced top quality AK's there are still a few of the Aresnal SLR 93 & 95's. In fact I picked up a 95 a couple years ago that was listed on Gunbroker, I added the Magpul furniture and a Texas Weapons Systems top rail.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ There's gotta be an adapter that'll let you straighten that stock out.

The Constable
posted Hide Post
IMHO too many obstacles, too many adapters and mods to be done to make the AK's even remotely as capable as an AR. I know they are dead on RELIABLE, but I like optics and enjoy the ability with AR's to change out stocks, forends, lights, etc.

But, that said, I DO still have a lone Arsenal AK 74. It's been reliable as well as surprisingly accurate with Russian 7N6 ammo. And I have 5 cases of it.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking of a Sig Romeo 5, you can get some pretty good deals on them, around $100 brand new,
and a Midwest AK T1 mount.

Gun Shows this weekend, we usually see a plethora of mounting systems so I"m going to go there, for $10 entry fee might find one in stock or even a knock off mount that is similar.

Not looking to build the ultimate AK, just having one to plink with at the range is good enough, if I like it enough maybe I'll finally be able to get one that Esdunbar would be proud enough to get from me for a gift. Big Grin

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^ There's gotta be an adapter that'll let you straighten that stock out.

If it was straight I’d never be able to see through the scope!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I just got back from my yearly sales "boondoggle" as the wife calls it. One of our new vendors who showed up with guns to shoot was Riley Defense. Unlike some of the other MFDs (that will remain nameless), Riley brought 4k plus rounds of ammo for us to use as we saw fit. It was all Burnaul brand, straight from the motherland. I am usually wary of the sales pitch, but was fully sold on the Riley gun.

The trunions are forged, then machined, unlike the Century variants which are cast. All parts are USA made, so if you wanted to monkey with it, 922r compliance should be a non-issue. We fired one of their full auto guns until the handguard caught fire. I then poured water on it from the gas block down to the muzzle, and continued firing until we ran out of ammo. All told, 30 + members of our sales staff shot the guns in 90 degree heat and 80 percent humidity without a hiccup. Mags were MagPul brand, surplus waffle, and romanian 75 round drums. Shots were made on the 200 yard hog target with relative ease, while one of my coworkers was able to consistently put full auto shots on target at the 100 yard steel deer.

The three best guns I shot out of hundreds were the Riley AKs, the complete PTR line, and the new Smith PC EZ .380.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post