SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Riley Defense AK47 Picture added
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Riley Defense AK47 Picture added Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good to hear ... all to often US made clones don't measure up unless they are built with import parts!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
If someone gave me a Riley Defense AK, I’d honestly give it to someone else. The only American made AK that has proven itself is the Palmetto State Armory one. Riley has shown to be no good once before, and I see no reason to think they’ve got it figured out now.

For red dot mounts, I like Aterro. For magnified optic mounts, I like RS regulate or MI.

Which PSA AK? They’ve gone through at least 3 gernerations getting it right.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Thats good to hear recently took it to the range for it's first outing, prior to that field stripped it and oiled up the parts that needed oiling reassembled, function checked and loaded up the magazines.

Ran 60 rounds through it using two magpul mags and the one Tapco mag loaded with 20 rounds each of the same ammo in each mag

Ammo used:

Winchester Target FMJ brass cartridge 123 grain

Tula 122 Grn Metal Jacket

Wolf 123Gr FMJ metal jacket

The Winchester and Tula were in new Magpul magazines and fired without issue.

Had two FTE with the Tula in the Tapco mag, the rounds chambered, fired and didn't extract, they were in the receiver sticking out sideways, open end of the round out.

I can only surmize that it was either two rounds of the Tula that were the problem or possibly the Tapco mag since that's the only difference.

Going up tonight if I get time, reloaded the magazines, this time with Winchester in the Tapco, that should determine if its the mag should the same problem come up, or if I have another issue with Tula, it's the ammo.

Other than that it cycles without issue, for now the only thing it needs is an optic sighting mount, which I'm working on and in SigForum tradition,

So after reading the other AK thred I"m now looking for a ZuhKov S stock and hand guard, thanks SF, thanks for helping me spend money...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Romeo 5 tonight, on sale $125 at my LGS, the optic is 2moa and nice quality, it has the MOTAC™ (Motion Activated Illumination) system so picking it up or setting it down activates/shuts off the system.

Bought the mount on Amazon, next day delivery per Prime was right on time,

Its installed and fits nice better than the gun show unit I had tried.

The mount was recommended by the Riley Defense tech as one that wasn't over priced and was reported as working with their product.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post