SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Benelli M4 - Pistol Grip vs. Traditional Stock
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli M4 - Pistol Grip vs. Traditional Stock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Tough. By Benelli is a pistol grip and I think it helps with recoil, and preforming other maneuvers of a tactical nature. My FN SLP is a traditional stock, and I much prefer it for general field use and shotgunnery.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 969 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
My M4 started life with the fixed stock/pistol grip and it was fine, but even with my long arms, it was a tad bit slower to bring up and shoulder.

Later on, I replaced the fixed stock with a factory telescoping stock, ( I wanted that look anyways ) and I'm much happier.

As for the pistol grip, the vast majority of my long gun use has been with pistol gripped rifles. Having a pistol gripped shotgun was simply a natural continuation of this for me.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Thanks everyone for the input.

I am going to rent one and put some shot downrange prior to making a final decision.

Regardless, I will need a reduced LOP stock (12" or so).

I have a Mesa Tactical pistol grip that I no longer use. E-mail sent.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
At one point I had all 3 Benelli stocks. I sold the C-stock and exclusively use the field stock. I find the shotgun a lot more handy without the pistol grip.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
Get an M1 or M2 instead.......

Posts: 14121 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
Get an M1 or M2 instead.......

A throwaway comment? Why is the M1 or M2 better? The field and PG stocks seem to be the same. The only difference is that there is no collapsing stock option on the inertia Models.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
having an m4 with both field, stock PG, and the urbino. id have to say i have a preference for the field stock.

the urbino is way better then the factory pistol grip stock. no real comparison, if you want a pistol grip config, get the mesa stock.

the field stock seems easier for me to handle and load. i kept the urbino as i see no reason why not to have both.

if you can get the factory collapsible, it is also extremely comfortable. i dont have much experience with one though other than handling one for a short period.

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Took the Hk Tac Shotgun course back in the day. HK was the importer of the M1 Super 90's. I learned on the pistol Grip M1 from the low ready. Have two. Both with pistol grips.

I have Magpul stocks on my 870's. Straight stock on the 11-87. It is the way they came and I shoot them that way.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've no experience with any Benelli shotguns, but I've tried a handful of different PG stocks on my 870 and always wound up going back to the non-PG stock. Even the Knoxx "recoil reducing" stock seemed to beat me up more than a conventional stock. I eventually ended up with a non-PG SpeedFeed stock and it works best for me.

If anybody's looking for a Knoxx stock for an 870, I think I still have it... Wink

Posts: 7261 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post