SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    .223 or 243 Win. rifles with wood stocks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.223 or 243 Win. rifles with wood stocks Login/Join 
posted
bolt or semi auto , either or
( the levers have their own thread)

seems there are a million plastic stock models ,
anyone here possess one of them ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Here's mine Smile

Winchester M70V 24" 1:10 243 Win 5-round internal box magazine [1966]
--Bausch & Lomb Elite 4000 6-24x40 Matte Multi-X AO
--Canjar 2 stage 2oz trigger
--Factory Jeweled Bolt & Magazine Follower

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16190 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I have a Mini-14 in .223 with a wood stock.
(Bottom rifle in the below family photo.)

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Tikka T3 Hunter .243.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
a Remington 788 om .243 win mag. I know where one is for sale. What a great piece of history.

I have said it many times here over the years. The .243 is a great cartridge. Very versatile.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Warpig602,

A little more info about your Steyr please. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16190 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Warpig602,

A little more info about your Steyr please. Smile

Steyr SL Varmint, 223. Had a hard time tracking down any information on this exact configuration.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Had to look it up, as I'd never seen a single barrel rifle with 2 triggers. Learned something new today (double set trigger).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15281 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
winchester model 70 featherweight deluxe in .243 win.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
I have an H&R 300 Ultra Rifle in 243. The rifle has a Sako 579 action and it comes with a Douglas Barrel from the factory.

Browning A Bolt in 223
[URL=http://s47.photobucket.com/user/fyimo/media/BrowningA52232.jpg.html]

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
winchester model 70 featherweight deluxe in .243 win.

Is that a New Haven gun?

Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
I have a Steyr Model L in .243. It has the set trigger. My uncle has a Winchester pre 64 featherweight in .243 as well. Great deer rifles.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:

Is that a New Haven gun?

Columbia SC

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
wow! I am glad that I asked.

For some of us non rifle owners,
what does

do or provide ?

just cosmetic's ? or
do that do that for a specific function?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54603 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
wow! I am glad that I asked.

For some of us non rifle owners,
what does

do or provide ?

just cosmetic's ? or
do that do that for a specific function?

jeweling is the twirly pattern you see on the rifle bolt. it is mostly cosmetic. however, jeweling marks are tiny little grooves in the metal and, therefore, they do trap a film of oil to lubricate better (same thing is done on the inside of engine cylinders.)

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Jeweled Bolt:

Also sometimes called "engine turned".

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice looking guns guys, I especially like the Winchester’s. I’m currently trying to work out a deal with a guy for a kimber classic 30-06.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I traded a SIG mosquito & 4 mags for this Remington 788 in .243
It was in good shape but I wanted to refinish the stock.
It had its own thread a few years back.
This rifle is a very sweet shooter.
Great all around cartridge.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post