SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    daniel defense magazine lower issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

daniel defense magazine lower issue Login/Join 
posted
anybody have a problem with there daniel defense rifles mag well being tight with magpul gen 3 mags? i can not get them to drop free and there kind of hard to get it and out. other mags work fine though.

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Is your rifle anodized or Cerakoted?

I have a DD that is Cerakoted, but the magwell isn't tight.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anodized

Posts: 1046 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gambit123:
anodized

I was thinking if it was a coating it increased the dimensions.

The good news is DD offers excellent CS, give them a call and they will make it right.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
A friend has a DD pistol in 300 BLK and I know he uses Magpul magazines with no problem. I suspect they’re generation 3, but am not positive.

I’m surprised to hear of problems with gen 3 mags. My agency has a couple of early S&W M&P 15s whose magazine wells are tight with first generation Magpuls, but they don’t have any issues with gen 2 or 3. I wonder if your mag well is a little out of spec from what DD usually provides.

On the other hand it could be a problem with out of spec magazines. Are they all from the same manufacture date? The fact that other magazines work okay would normally cause me to suspect the mags, and as I say, I’ve never seen any problems with gen 3 magazines even in tight mag wells.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
its definitely the lower, tried all the same mags in my bcm and colt and they all drop free. i spoke to dd and they said it could be the mag catch which is not the case here. the mag wont even drop free after its has the cleared the mag catch.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
All three of my DD rifles drop free all mags. Gen 2 and 3 magpul, lancer, and DD mags.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
No problems with my DDs and any generation of Pmags.

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Call DD.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post