SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Keltec 223 bullpup?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Keltec 223 bullpup? Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Anybody have experience with one? Looks kinda neat. I handled a Tavor and it was heavy. About twice as bevy as one of these.

Keltec RDB

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Kel-tec = Junk

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Kel-tec = Junk

Do you actually have one?

I do, and mine runs fine. 100% reliable, light, well balanced, and good trigger.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kel-tec = Junk

I have to agree on their pistols. I think their rifles are a different animal.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of usp_fan
posted Hide Post
I played with the Keltec at my local gun store. I have to agree the trigger is above average for a bullpup. The mag release is OK for dumping with the off hand and I like the downward ejection.

Having said that, I just shot my Brother's x95 (Mini Tavor or whatever it's called) and it is a very nice beast! The trigger is as good or better than the Keltec. The ergonomics are very well thought out--ambi everything and AR style mag release. It is a very short rifle overall. The only complaint I might have is the side ejection which requires you to be very aware of stock/face placement if shooting off hand. I don't believe it is 2x the weight of the Keltec, but it might be 1.5-2x the price.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
my bro-in-law has one of the KelTec rifles and absolutely loves it. not the bullpup, but I've heard great things about all the rifles though.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd have one hell of a hard time paying more than a grand for anything kel-Tec. Especially when other more reputable rifles are the same price. And to be fair I've heard good things about this one but still..

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kel-tec = Junk

Please elaborate. If this is simply an opinion, it doesn't help anyone. If there is some real reason for this comment, by all means enlighten us.

I'm planning on buying the .308 version myself.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kel-tec = Junk

Roll Eyes

There's gotta be one in every bunch.

Are they a finely finished and crafted gun like a Beretta or something? No, and they aren't meant to be. They also cost much less than a Beretta does.

Why don't you tell LBJ his P-32 is "junk"? We both love ours and trust them to carry.

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Will this rifle accept a Magpul D60 drum?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

It will fit, but it's a little awkward since your wrist lays on the edge of the drum because the pistol grip is closer to the magwell than on something like a Tavor.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Kel-tec = Junk

Roll Eyes

There's gotta be one in every bunch.

Are they a finely finished and crafted gun like a Beretta or something? No, and they aren't meant to be. They also cost much less than a Beretta does.

Why don't you tell LBJ his P-32 is "junk"? We both love ours and trust them to carry.

I agree. I really enjoy shooting my PMR30 and my sub 2k... No they're not Sigs or HKs in quality, but they're a fraction of the cost and they're fun...

Would I carry a Pf9 as a primary conceal gun? Ehhh probably not, maybe as a backup.. Will I continue to buy other Keltecs I find at a decent price because they're fun to go to the desert and shoot? Absolutely

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

It will fit, but it's a little awkward since your wrist lays on the edge of the drum because the pistol grip is closer to the magwell than on something like a Tavor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x9-fdVs2Ik

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First off it's nowhere near half the weight of the Tavor. I don't have that rifle I have a sub2000 and like it a lot. I also recognize that the construction quality alone leaves me less than convinced I would make this a real no shit defensive rifle. I have some Tavor's and like them a lot. I prefer the X95 by a wide margin but they are illegal in Maryland. To me it would be a no brainer Tavor X95 or AUG. I would choose the Tavor.

I suspect that this rifle is nice but it isn't bet my life on it nice. Which is ok. It is also a whole lot more inexpensive.

KelTec would have to up their game a lot more before I would buy this over a more seasoned and tested alternative.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kel-tec = Junk

Okay fine, if you say so. But care-to-share why you just outright dismiss this brand?

I've had my KSG for a few years now and fired MANY 12 gauge round through it. Never an issue, and I trust it to by my nightstand home defense, and occasional truck gun.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
My gripe with them is that they use plastic panels that have to be bolted together. What other guns are bolted together in such a fashion? Its just cheap. They need to invest in a proper molding operation, instead of just doing what they have always done for 30 years.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
For thirty years, they have innovated.

Focusing on bolted together halves is myopic.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
What other guns are bolted together in such a fashion? Its just cheap. They need to invest in a proper molding operation, instead of just doing what they have always done for 30 years.

There are a lot of rifles out there with plastic stock parts, many that come apart into halves... almost too many to list.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post