SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Newest AR Build - $369 OTD Full MOE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newest AR Build - $369 OTD Full MOE Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
I don't know how Palmetto State Armory does it. That's $369 total including shipping and the FFL transfer fee. I paid over $650 for basically the same AR 4 or 5 years ago.

PSA 16" Mid-Length 5.56 NATO 1/7 Nitride upper
Full MOE Kit
Enhanced Nickel Plated trigger group
Magpul MBUS

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truckin' On
Picture of AH.74
posted Hide Post
Good deal.

What do you think of that trigger? I got one included in a lower kit but haven't built it yet.

Posts: 7342 | Location: Hermit’s Peak | Registered: November 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Palmetto keeps the prices low with high volume sales. As long as we buying in big numbers, the prices should theoretically continue to drop incrementally.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AH.74:
Good deal.

What do you think of that trigger? I got one included in a lower kit but haven't built it yet.

The trigger is great. Take up is less than the ALG QMS.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
PSA gets a lot of flak for having cheap shitty AR's.
I can't comment on earlier ones but what I have gotten from them recently has been good to go at a good price.

I have that trigger group in mine. It was really stiff at first but seems to be getting better the more I shoot it.
I am kinda partial to the two stage trigger that my other one has and may swap it out later on.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I built one for my oldest with free float lightweight hand guard. $300 in the upper and LPK. Had a $29 Anderson lower and a magpul stock laying around doing nothing. Put a Burris XTR 1-4 on it that was also doing nothing.

The trigger is not bad at all. Really nice little rig for a 12 year old. Santa did good.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have two rifles built with PSA parts, one of them has a cheap ptac upper. The triggers are as bad as any other stock AR trigger but they've been 100% reliable.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I've built 6 rifles with PSA parts and have had 0 issues out of any of them. FN is next door and makes all of the their barrels. You aren't getting a precision rifle for sub $400 but it's a damn good rifle for the price.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

posted Hide Post
I built a pistol using one of their pistol kits and bought their 7.5inch 22LR uppers. Only thing I did to modify it was add the Boonie Packer better mag insert to let me use S&W 15-22 mags.

I own a couple ST 22 uppers and this thing out of the box tears those up. I had to tune the ST22's to get them to 100%. The PSA one ran like a scalded cat out of the box.

Cheap Sig Romeo sight and it is more fun than I can account for.

I will continue to buy their stuff. Plus, put me in the category of most things that can go wrong with an AR can also be found easily and fixed easily.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post