SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Maven rifle scope experience?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maven rifle scope experience? Login/Join 
Saluki
posted
Any experience with the RS2 here? 2-10x38 with the SHR reticle to be specific. Seems to be a nice lightweight hunting scope. Mounting on a .257 Weatherby if it makes a difference.

I’ve listened to the owners explain themselves and their products on a few podcasts and I’m intrigued. I trust the experiences of the members here greatly, having never been steered wrong.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
No first hand experience. It does seem there are a lot of upstart optics companies that have sprung up(tract, Hawke, GPO etc) lots of good reports on the optics. Some not so much. The point I was getting at was I don't think think they are offering a whole lot more than some of the better established brands.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
Went with Leupold. VX3i it’s a known entity 3.5-10x40 cds for those who might be scoring. Now I have everything but brass and a range I don’t have to swim across.

Love me some upper mid west.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5130 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reflex/deflex 64:
Went with Leupold. VX3i it’s a known entity 3.5-10x40 cds for those who might be scoring. Now I have everything but brass and a range I don’t have to swim across.

Love me some upper mid west.

I have half a dozen vx3i scopes, they have always been solid and dependable, good in low light. The 2.5-8x36 is sort of s go to around here.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post