SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Upcoming Houston Area Match training day (March 2018 timeframe)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Upcoming Houston Area Match training day (March 2018 timeframe) Login/Join 
posted
At the recent Annual meeting for Bayou Rifles, I was asked to accompany a group of about 20 members to the 1000 yard range and give a quick introduction to NRA highpower competition. I was happy to do so as we are always looking for new competitors.

The club membership is about 2000 some members and only about 100 or so compete on any kind of recurring basis.

After we came back to the BBQ that followed the meeting, BRI announced that it would hold its second Introduction to Competition and Wind Reading clinic in March. This event is open to all; membership at BRI is not required.

We put it the first event in 2014 and looking through my notes I realized that some of the members of Team Bayou attended that event and subsequently started competing and went on to medal at the Worlds in Ottawa.

There are some very gifted shooters on the team. I asked the team members if they would help put on the class and they all volunteered. We will also have F-Open shooters as well as Match Rifles (sling) and MROS (Match Rifle Optical Sights.)

We will follow the same format as 2014, with updated information and when I know the exact date, I will update you here but it will probably be Saturday, March 3rd. It's an all-day affair. The students will not shoot that day, but the next day, Sunday March 4th, we will have the monthly 1000 yard match, in which you will be able to shoot, provided you have the proper equipment.

Lots more detail to come but pencil in the date (at least the month,) and don't be shy about asking questions here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NikonUser,

Posts: 2671 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post