SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Email From Magpul Today...The New Bipod Will Ship This Month...EDIT...it arrived this morning.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Email From Magpul Today...The New Bipod Will Ship This Month...EDIT...it arrived this morning. Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
For those that had interest in the new bipod in the thread about it awhile back...

I sent a question to Magpul about when they might be filling pre-orders (from Brownell's) for the new Magpul Bipod and when they might be shipping...they replied with that it will be sometimes this month...I'm kind of looking forward to getting one and trying it out Smile

Reply...

"Thank you for contacting us. At this time, we do not have an exact date on when the bipods will be released, however, it will be this month sometime."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
I was wondering when I might actually get mine from Brownell’s...I ordered it awhile ago. Thanks for the update.

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to hearing how you guys like them. I was thinking about putting one on a Howa that just joined the battery just for the heck of it and to try one out.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P226_operator
posted Hide Post
Great news, preordered mine from Brownells too. Last part I'm missing to my 6.5 Creedmoor build. Hooray!

"Make like a Civil Engineer; build a bridge, and get over it!"

Posts: 334 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: March 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the heads up. I’ve been wanting one of these since I heard about them.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
Just pre-ordered one from Brownell's. Used promo code JCA for 10% off and free shipping. Promo code ends tonight.

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
NOW SHIPPING!

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I fondled at the NRA Annual meeting in Dallas and have been looking forward to its release

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received the same Email...hopefully Brownell's won't be too far behind Smile

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High Speed Low Drag
Operator in the Innis Mode
Picture of Ke Bo Li
posted Hide Post
their website is running slow
I needed a sling and swivels anyway....

I think the "check engine" light is burned out

Posts: 710 | Location: Portland,OR | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
While this is pricey, I'm going to let the member reviews here decide if it's something I want to get into.

You guys haven't let me down yet.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got my shipping email from Brownells today. Probably arrive sometime next week.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I received an email from Brownell’s that my M-LOK bipod has been shipped. I also ordered one for picatinny but it has not shipped.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My picatinny rail mount bipod is scheduled for delivery Friday from Brownell's...I'm as giddy as a little girl (but then again...it don't take much to "giddy" me up these days...my "giddy" meter pegs pretty low Big Grin).

Jimmy Buffet

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Wish there was a version that mounted like a Harris. I've got several guns with Harris bipods or cheap clones (for 22's) that I'd love to swap out.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ I looked, but didn't stumble across anything like an adapter.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Black Picatinny ones are already on backorder at Brownells. Frown Must have filled all the pre-orders with the first batch received.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
It has my attention. I've recently switched over all my Harris and Atlas bipods to ARCA attachments. I'll pick one up if they make and ARCA style attachment for it.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The mail girl delivered it a little while ago...mounted it on the AR.

It's little odd looking (in a streamline sort way)...but then again I'm used to seeing springs and such on the bipods I have owned over the years (my only current one is a UTG)...

The fit, finish and quality is typical Magpul (excellent) and being that it's from Brownell's, I know if it ever disappoints me, they will make it good...

Magpul put a lot of thought into this bipod. The big tension nut with the heavy knurling makes it easy to adjust the pan and tilt. The flat aluminum legs with notches are easy to adjust by pressing a square button and sliding the polymer leg "covers to the length desired (the adjustments snap securely into place)...

To fold the legs into the forward position will require your pressing a button located at the top of each leg to unlock them to fold forward...when the legs are locked in the bipod position, they ain't going anywhere (plus they won't pinch the shit of you when fold/unfold them)...

I'm heading to the range in the morning to setup for a Cowboy Action shoot and will pack this along to shoot...but for $104 and Brownell's lifetime warrantee, I'm happy...

Here's a few pics...

Folded...

Lowest height...

Longest height...

Big assed knurled tension adjustment nut for tilt and pan...plus the machined notches for locking the legs to the desired height...

The button for folding the legs...the square button for leg adjustment length is also shown on the top of the female part of the leg where the male part slides in (how sexist of me to use these terms Razz)...

Jimmy Buffet

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the report.

Magpul says that the feet can be switched with Atlas bipod feet. In looking at the one photo I could find of the Magpul, it appeared that the feet were retained with roll pins, and I got the impression that it wouldn’t be easy to switch between something from Atlas and back to the originals.

Comment?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post