SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    CMP receives 99,000 additional M1 Garand rifles
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CMP receives 99,000 additional M1 Garand rifles Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rifles from Turkey may have some merit. But the stuff from the Phillipines (jungle rot/ rusty etc.) may turn out to be the same type of junk they looked at in South Korea and decided they were not worthwhile to bring back

South Korea wanted to sell them back. the CMP will only take firearms that were transfered to other countries. if sold, they will not deal with them. the S. Korea rifles may be imported back by a private operation. They were said to be in poor condition.

The days of the $400 Garand are long gone.

As far as leaving with a rifle when out of state, it depends on the state. some states require a transfer through a FFL. Some states will not allow a direct shipment to the home.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there are a dozen or more youtubes about CMP and garand rifles

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The prices for those 1911s are going to be absurd. But they will sell out in less than one day is my guess. And yes, I know this is the Rifle forum.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I ended up getting a Service grade Garand, and I must say that it's in excellent condition. I really didn't expect it to be as nice as it turned out, but I'm sure happy!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here's a ~15 minute video from the Garand Collectors Association that includes a sneak peek at some of the CMP's recently received Filipino Garands, and a discussion of some of the challenges the CMP faced in getting them back to the US. Many look to be in rough shape, but some look just fine.

http://thegca.org/videos/

Also includes a quick look at couple interesting recaptured Garands, including one that was captured in 1970 from the Vietcong in Cambodia, and another that was captured a couple years ago from the Taliban in Afghanistan.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Rogue, that was very good.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post