SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Samson Manufacturing Old School Ruger Mini 14 folding stock
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Samson Manufacturing Old School Ruger Mini 14 folding stock Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted
Only doing stainless steel for now. Should be under $300. I will get one for my stainless Mini 14 Tactical.

https://www.guns.com/news/2019...3xfqlfs3k7YvC17tc6ps

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Took someone long enough! I’ll lose the cool/unique factor of my lone Mini14 if I can buy a black folder for a 10/22.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Time for a SS Mini I guess. Always liked the A-team, so time for a clone I guess. Winder if I can find a 30 in SS and if it'll fit one of these...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

I bought my stainless mini-14 in 96. It was the first gun I bought myself. I've always kicked myself for not getting a folder.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Awesome!

I bought my stainless mini-14 in 96. It was the first gun I bought myself. I've always kicked myself for not getting a folder.

I'm still kicking myself for selling my SS folder I purchased in 1982!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh. I had an earlier clone of the Mini folding stock, the Falcon Folder, and wasn’t too impressed. The folding part worked well, but it wasn’t particularly comfortable to shoot with the stock extended. Seems mostly for A-team fanbois.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had zero desire for a Mini-14 until I saw this.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
My Stainless Twin Sons of Different Mothers we born folders.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.:

And now I must buy 2.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't mind having one.

Posts: 107256 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what the over all length of a rifle with the stock folded is ?

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K.O.A.M.:

Always wanted one. Now I must have one.

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Have an early 581 stainless in plastic stock - I will put this on in a heartbeat. Very cool, want.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
This will be what finally pushes me over the edge to buy a mini 14. I MUST have one of these mounted on a new mini 14. As long as there are no fit issues putting these on a new mini, I will purchase one or two.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I dunno guys...

I would have serious concerns about the effect these have on accuracy, using the A-Team as a reference.

Big Grin

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
I dunno guys...

I would have serious concerns about the effect these have on accuracy, using the A-Team as a reference.

Big Grin

There's ways to fix that.... Wink

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:
I dunno guys...

Big Grin

There's ways to fix that.... Wink

BA Baracus says, "I pity the fool that doesn't use the Accu-strut!"

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jman78
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MG34_Dan:
My Stainless Twin Sons of Different Mothers we born folders.

That factory folding SBR mini-14 is beautiful!!!

I have owned 2 stainless factory folders... will have to buy a third, and soon.

This gun is the star of my reoccurring dreams for the last 27 years. Never worked in my dreams, and I did keep one by the bed side for may years.

My only concern is what the impact of these copies will have on the original. I think they may initially hurt the value, but help later on, as the scarcity of the real stocks increases.

Posts: 178 | Location: St. Petersburg FLorida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I too have an original folder. I thought about how it would hurt the value but again I don't have mine as a collector piece, it was actually my first duty rifle (I worked for a chief that hated "black rifles"). We will see people trying to pass off ones with the repro stocks as original folders but if the buyer knows what they are looking for they will see the difference. According to the manufacturer there are some differences from the original and the biggest give away is that the original folders have a different gas block. The folders have the sling mount on the side while a standard Mini has it on the bottom.

And MG34_Dan, I am very jealous of that AC556- I still remember when they were relatively inexpensive, but boy have they jumped in value.

Posts: 334 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alyron:
I too have an original folder. I thought about how it would hurt the value but again I don't have mine as a collector piece, it was actually my first duty rifle (I worked for a chief that hated "black rifles"). We will see people trying to pass off ones with the repro stocks as original folders but if the buyer knows what they are looking for they will see the difference. According to the manufacturer there are some differences from the original and the biggest give away is that the original folders have a different gas block. The folders have the sling mount on the side while a standard Mini has it on the bottom.

quote:

And MG34_Dan, I am very jealous of that AC556- I still remember when they were relatively inexpensive, but boy have they jumped in value.

My stainless AC is a former Oklahoma Highway Patrol weapon. It wasn't too expensive when I got it.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2184 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post