SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Samson Manufacturing Old School Ruger Mini 14 folding stock
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Samson Manufacturing Old School Ruger Mini 14 folding stock Login/Join 
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HK Ag:
How does one get a proper side sling gas block to accompany the stock?

buy an original side-folder or find someone selling just the gas-block but bring your wallet and your friends' wallets as they usually go for $350-450 for a stainless one. About $100 less for blued.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Someone made one that looked very similar to the factory folder. Even those go for a lot of money. I had one and sold it way too cheap apparently, as it was sold in minutes. ($100-$120 maybe that I asked?) People contacted me offering me double to sell it to them instead. Someone offered me $300(?) if I happened to have another one.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chino101
posted Hide Post
I hope it also works for the Mini-30; can't own a Mini-14 with a folding stock in Maryland.

Posts: 510 | Location: Maryland | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Samson has them ready. I have one on order.

https://www.samson-mfg.com/a-t...e-ruger-mini-14.html

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chino101:
I hope it also works for the Mini-30; can't own a Mini-14 with a folding stock in Maryland.

Yes it will.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Ordered one. They ship in March, will be sent first come first serve basis. Looks good, now to wait.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
Has anyone received one of these yet? I saw the email from Ruger last night advertising a "new item".
https://shopruger.com/Ruger-Mi...k/productinfo/13006/

I too have wanted one of these for years but wasn't willing to pay the crazy prices for an original. My order is now placed. Looking forward to making the change. I hope the quality is top notch.

Posts: 616 | Registered: March 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Nope Pending and was probably one of the first ones. Just got a note from Samson that they are focusing on their military contracts for now, not sure what that is...but I’m ok waiting.

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't have a mini, but I am looking at the 10/22 stock. Just unsure if stainless hardware on my blue gun...

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I was going to post some pics but I forgot. Mine came on March 9th and it is great! I hope they make a blued one down the road.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4859,

Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
That is a very nice collection PGT. The bottom one looks like it is blued. Is that an older version? I hope they make a blued version too. I might get a mini 14 if they make a blued folding stock.

quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Let's just say....I'm a fan! (all four now have proper side-mount sling gas blocks)

Ruger joining Samson's effort had a lot to do with keeping the price under $300 (if that holds).

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I hope they will make one in synthetic and stainless. I would loooovvvvve that combination.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5562 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
Quick update on my end. I ordered through Ruger on April 3rd. Stock arrived on May 15th. Quality looks and feels amazing. I only wish the finish on the wood was a little darker. I plan to get it installed one night this week.

10mm. It's like two
40s with every shot.
posted Hide Post
Stock installed very easily. Please forgive the poor photos. I didn’t have time to stage it.

Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
I think it's great that they came out with a new production unit but why would they stop an inch short of a mile by not including (or at least offer as a option) the proper gas block piece with the side sling swivel?

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post
Your stocks came with some color, mine looked like a pool cue. Other than that it's pretty nice. I managed to darken it up a little.

P1000641 [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/146780422@N05/][/url]

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived, some nice color on it and well done.

-Scottish proverb

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darkest2000:
I think it's great that they came out with a new production unit but why would they stop an inch short of a mile by not including (or at least offer as a option) the proper gas block piece with the side sling swivel?

No kidding!! I guess Samson has been asked that a lot and they are thinking of making them. I hope they do.

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
These rifles always remind me of the old TV Show "The A-Team".

They were big Mini-14 fans.

To be honest, that’s pretty much 90% of the appeal of the folding stock.

I spoke to Mr. T onece at a charity event, he was in full costume. I spoke to him briefly, friendly man.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I got my folder yesterday. I backordered it from the Ruger store on 10/10 and it was delivered yesterday 10/27. Looks pretty good. The stock locks up TIGHT. Best folder I've ever shouldered. I wish the wood was a little darker but since I plan on putting a stainless tac in it someday I might leave it. Overall quality is very nice. My only Mini right now is an older ranch I bought at the PX out in 29 back in 1996. I'll drop it in to see how it fits this weekend probably.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post