SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Prices are down.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prices are down..... Login/Join 
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted
LGS/Pawn shop had two long guns on GB. Bids were real low for a 1952 Marlin 336CS in 35 Remington (rifle is 95% or better), and a Savage model 10 heavy 20" barrel in .223 also in great shape. So I threw in what I would call low max bids (more to help out the shop). I ended up winning both for less than $800. I get to pick them up tomorrow.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats, it's a buyers market for sure. I pick up a outstanding quality AR not to long ago for $600 less than they price it was before the election.

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been buying AR 15 parts and ammo as much as the budget allows!

I wish I had a bigger budget! As I'm saving money up for a down payment on a new car.

But I'm loving it. I'm laying in on BCG, and other essential parts. I would like to get a Ruger 10/22 take down with heavy barrel with a threaded barrel.

I hope that it stays a buyer's market for some time, yet I don't want it to hurt the manufacturers, as I want them to be around for some time so I can buy their goodies!

Congratulations on your"new" guns! Enjoy. That lever gun is a good deal, and I have always liked that cartage. The Savage most likely will be a great shooter, my Savage 110 long action in .22-250 will shot as good as my buddy's Remington 40X in the same caliber!

I only wish it had a faster twist barrel so that I could use heavier bullets then the 55gr.!

I have shot some outstanding groups with my Savage! So again, enjoy!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
I was surprised yesterday to see -20% off of Speer, Barnes and Sierra bullets at the local Sportsman's Warehouse. A "Sale" for them is usually 10%.

Twenty was a nice change.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fyimo
posted Hide Post
I think people stocked up before the election on guns and ammo because of the possible outcome. When that didn't happen in the election people had already bought the guns they wanted and had their ammo supply up.
This left store inventories high and resulted in the prices dropping.

Freedom Is Not Free And Is Paid For By Our Military.
VFW Member
NRA Life Member 042722999
SWCA

Posts: 9186 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: July 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
I never thought I see AR's cheaper than AK's but its happening.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I've made three orders with Brownells in the last two weeks. They keep offering discount codes and free shipping on items already marked down. Take advantage of the low prices. It won't last forever.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My FFL Transfer / Pawnshop owner was speaking of this just last week. He buys guns that come in to be pawned or sold and sells guns at auction. He was saying that the price of guns is coming down and that to make a profit he has to offer prices that are almost insulting.

know the Armalite AR15 that I bought from him at auction was purchased for more than I bought it for.

Now is the time to buy it seems. The prices will certainly go up during the next scare or democrat that gets in office.

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
. . .but not for Winchester 9422's!

I've been looking around at lever-guns to shoot some .22 wmr's out of, and holy crap, the prices are up there - from ~$800 for good-to-exc. condition used, to up into the $2K range and over for 30-40 year old NIB's!

Exhibit A -

9422M in Wincam

Wow!!

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prices are ridiculously low... EVERYTIME we buy something because it seems it can't go any lower we get an email the next week saying by the way... it's even cheaper now.

Not that ATI AR's are great AR's but it's wild you can almost buy a brand new AR for $300.... you can buy nice Ruger/Smith and wessons for under $500.

Posts: 1304 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post