SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Vortex Sparc vs. Strikefire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vortex Sparc vs. Strikefire Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
I've been wanting to pick up another red dot and I'm stuck on which one to get. From the reviews I've read, the Strikefire is better. I already have an Aimpoint Pro on the SIG556. I was leaning towards the Sparc as it would be nice to have a more compact sight.

Looking for you opinions on either of them.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have owned the sparc, i have shot the strike fire.

i now own 1 mro and 5 sig romeo 5's...

The sparc did not hold up to use. It has the rear glass piece falling around in it. I have the magnifier on just so i don't loose it. I have been meaning to contact vortex to see if they will warranty it. Thanks for the reminder.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I have the Strikefire on my 10.5" pistol build from early last year...I have been very satisfied with it...I have lost track on rounds down range but it has shown zero issues...
I almost ordered the SPARC (based on how satisfied I am with Vortex)...but ended up ordering the Romeo5 instead (it should be here Tuesday Smile ) for my .300 BO pistol...
A shooting buddy ordered the SPARC and mounted it onto the almost exact build as mine...hopefully we will get together in a few weeks or so to compare the two...

Edit...Black Friday sale at PSA has the SPARC for $129 using the checkout code SPARC. These deals are getting hard to keep track of Wink

https://palmettostatearmory.co...t-scope-spc-ar1.html

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've only used a SPARC but it has been dead-nuts reliable and holds zero...but its a range toy (not an operator).

Posts: 3536 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Neither. They are last, last generation and both have terrible battery life.

Get one of the 50,000 hour battery red dots that are the same price or even cheaper.

$138 currently, WITH life time warranty as well.

https://www.primaryarms.com/pr...ovable-base-md-rb-ad

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Never tried a SPARC but I liked my Strikefire. That said, I just replaced it with a Romeo 5.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Strikefire II on my AR. Quite pleased with it, only semi-knock on it is that the rifle won't fit in either of my cases with the sight mounted.

The thumb-screw QD mount makes it easy to dismount, and holds zero just fine.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15282 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Neither. They are last, last generation and both have terrible battery life.

Get one of the 50,000 hour battery red dots that are the same price or even cheaper.

$138 currently, WITH life time warranty as well.

https://www.primaryarms.com/pr...ovable-base-md-rb-ad

I have a couple of Primary Arms sights and like them. I recently picked up a Romeo5 (mounting it soon) and was told the same manufacturer makes them for Holosun, PA, and Sig. if that is true, the Romeo might be worth a look- lately, the price has been right.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for the input. I ended up with the SIG Romeo 5 for $99 on ebay. I have a ton of CR2032 batteries and the auto on feature is huge. I'm going to throw it on my 300 blackout pistol for house duty and keep the Aimpoint Pro on my SIG556.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

The sparc did not hold up to use. It has the rear glass piece falling around in it. I have the magnifier on just so i don't loose it. I have been meaning to contact vortex to see if they will warranty it. Thanks for the reminder.

Contact Vortex, they have a lifetime warranty and repaired a used one I bought on line for no charge. They stand behind their products.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was ready to get a Sparc when I was shown the newer Crossfire red dot. It was brighter than either the Sparc or Strikefire. So far, I'm very happy with the Crossfire.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Contact Vortex, they have a lifetime warranty and repaired a used one I bought on line for no charge. They stand behind their products.

This. They'll stand behind their lifetime warranty.

I've got a Primary Arms RDS that I've ran pretty hard on my SBR. Banged it around some and it's held zero fine.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post