SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Info? 1926 Winchester 95 lever takedown pistolgrip stock and not a straight side
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Info? 1926 Winchester 95 lever takedown pistolgrip stock and not a straight side Login/Join 
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted
Trying to find out more info. It is a model 95

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2180 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Not unknown, but certainly a rare factory option. Congrats on your find!

http://www.rarewinchesters.com.../1895/model_95.shtml

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the response and link. I've been all over that site. All over the internet I haven't been able to find anything not even a pic of anything like this rifle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2180 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shame the receiver sight is missing.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
It looks like someone drilled the receiver for a sight or scope mount. I hate when that happens. Nice rifle (except for the extra holes)!

Go to the Cody museum site and order a letter/search on it.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
It looks like someone drilled the receiver for a sight or scope mount. I hate when that happens. Nice rifle (except for the extra holes)!

looks like the holes needed for the Lyman rear sight, the long one that pivots on a front pin or screw and has a sheet metal like bend for the rear sight near the hammer

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
can you post an overall pic?

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:

looks like the holes needed for the Lyman rear sight, the long one that pivots on a front pin or screw and has a sheet metal like bend for the rear sight near the hammer

A climbin' Lyman. Lyman 21.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
posted Hide Post
full pic

Author unknown

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Comparing that lever to the pistol gripped models in the link Pulicords posted, and looking at the lines and newness of the butt stock, I wonder if that is a custom job and not a 1895 Winchester pistol grip rifle.

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I wonder if that is a custom job and not a 1895 Winchester pistol grip rifle.

Judging by the mismatched wood and the fact that at least in the photo the bend in the lever doesn't quite match the contour of the grip...

Will a model 71 stock bolt up to a 95? Big Grin

Posts: 21098 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post