SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Just when you thought a Ruger PC Carbine couldn't get uglier
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just when you thought a Ruger PC Carbine couldn't get uglier Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
It looks awful, but does it go?

It's like that ugly girl in highschool. Do you want to be popular, or do you want to get your dick wet?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Mine goes bang every time, no matter how goofy or bent it looks. It just fucking works, and if it does so well.

That said. WE DON’T NEED FUCKING AR STOCKS AND GRIPS ON EVERYTHING!!!! Hogue! Are you paying attention to the following this rifle is developing on its own merits despite it looking the first gun you pick up and immediately throw away in a shitty sci-fi FPS? It’s been two years, and you’re asking us about Sig P210 G10 grip textures when you could be selling the fuck out of this upscaled for the PC carbine with very little effort:

https://www.hogueinc.com/stock...ber-overmolded-stock

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Because the barrel is tapered and and sights are on the heat shield and not the barrel, so in order for the sights and barrel to have the proper alignment, the heat shield has to match the angle of the barrel taper at the top of the barrel.

That's not the way sights work. Sights are aligned with the bore, not the contour of the barrel.

Furthermore, this rifle doesn't appear to be set up for iron sight use -- i.e. a front sight attached to the end of the barrel and a rear sight somewhere on the receiver. This Ruger may be compared to a "flattop", as it uses a rail on the receiver to hold the sights. Such rails are built parallel to the bore, and are generally intended for red dot or magnified optics.

Furthermore, a rifle with a rail - and thus a red dot or LPVO - will likely have rings/mount that is somewhat high. The sight height over the bore will be enough that a barrel centered in the handguard won't cause any issues with the handguard blocking part of the view through the optic.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
I have other 9mm carbines but I'll step up and say, I don't think it looks that bad. I kind of like it. Razz

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 706 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Honestly I like that the barrel isn't centered.

(I mean besides the fact it would look pretty stupid if it wasn't.)

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Deleted the image out of courtesy.

Yikes. I am glad this is not the only model they offer. That’s one of the ugliest firearms I’ve ever seen.

Posts: 2011 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ok, that ^ looks bent.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by zingo:
When the original version came out Para said “it looks bent”.
Still does, eh? Wink

My original version is not bent Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Mine goes bang every time, no matter how goofy or bent it looks. It just fucking works, and if it does so well.

That said. WE DON’T NEED FUCKING AR STOCKS AND GRIPS ON EVERYTHING!!!! Hogue! Are you paying attention to the following this rifle is developing on its own merits despite it looking the first gun you pick up and immediately throw away in a shitty sci-fi FPS? It’s been two years, and you’re asking us about Sig P210 G10 grip textures when you could be selling the fuck out of this upscaled for the PC carbine with very little effort:

https://www.hogueinc.com/stock...ber-overmolded-stock

I'm in for one of those in 9mm, not the current configuration. Or .44 Mag.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Well, I like mine!

Photo Jun 04, 4 54 26 PM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Photo Jun 04, 4 54 43 PM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Hogue! Are you paying attention {snip} you could be selling the f out of this upscaled for the PC carbine with very little effort:

If Hogue would make a setup for the PC Carbine that looked nearly as good as that, I'd go buy a PC Carbine tomorrow and place a Hogue order the minute I got home.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I might learn to like it if it was in 10mm

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I might learn to like it if it was in 10mm

Well, they introduced it in .40 not too long ago, and it takes Glock mags, so I would be surprised to not see a 10mm version not eventually make it to market.

Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Just picked up my standard PC last night. Fun as hell. I don’t care about the takedown feature and they might have been able to make it prettier without it, but I like rifles without pistol grips anyway. I also like that it doesn’t have the straight stock and raised sights of the AR platform.

And I like that very robust, usable iron sights are integral to the design.

Still better looking than a Hi Point Big Grin

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3211 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Well, I like mine!

Do you have to fire from the hip to get a good sight picture?

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rolan, could you give a brief rundown of the mods you have done?

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoulda Coulda
Oughta Woulda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
Well, I like mine!

Do you have to fire from the hip to get a good sight picture?

You should put a smiley emoji or something at the end of your comment, otherwise folks might mistakenly think you’re being rude.

Posts: 543 | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I picked up one of these yesterday and actually like the looks. Feels and points good too.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cworetired:
Rolan, could you give a brief rundown of the mods you have done?

Sure, that had the Midwest industries replacement forearm (I've since replaced it with the factory Ruger version). 1/2x28 to 1/2x36 thread converter for YHM-85-MB-A Slant Muzzle Break. Cheap flip up BUIS, Korean 50 round drum. QD sling swivels and a Russian surplus PPSH-41 sling.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post