SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Just when you thought a Ruger PC Carbine couldn't get uglier
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just when you thought a Ruger PC Carbine couldn't get uglier Login/Join 
posted

Fail.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
wow, that is hideous

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Impressive -- both versions. I like how the barrel is "centered" within the handguard.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooof...

Going to guess there's no way to get a can under that rail?

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
It's to momentarily blind your target in lieu of a WML.
"What is that a fuckn' super soaker?" BAM!
It can be the difference between life and death.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually priced one of the hand guards being offered for the PC. Outrageous.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the original version came out Para said “it looks bent”.

Posts: 325 | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zingo:
When the original version came out Para said “it looks bent”.
Still does, eh? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
What the hell??

I mean, there's plenty to dislike, but, seriously, why is the barrel not centered in the handguard?

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
I usually jump to defend the brutish utility of Rugers.

I got nuthin'.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It looks like something a child would draw.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Agreed, like nearly all of Rugers modern designs.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
why is the barrel not centered in the handguard?

So the tube doesn't needlessly stick up above the top of the receiver.

You still hold it, it still keeps your hand from getting burned. That's what it's for.

My only issues with them is they're danged heavy.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's ugly. But it's also really easy to heat up a PCC barrel and burn your hand on it, or melt plastic tarps, clothing, seats, etc. with it.

People go through a LOT of rounds with those things pretty quickly. When guests use my AR-9 with 32 round mags, I'm always happiest when they bring their own ammo.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:

But if he did he'd get expelled from school.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MLOK model was introduced in April.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Why would they do that? Every gun doesn't have to have a tacticool look.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That actually makes me like the original. Oof

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
What the hell??

I mean, there's plenty to dislike, but, seriously, why is the barrel not centered in the handguard?

Because the barrel is tapered and and sights are on the heat shield and not the barrel, so in order for the sights and barrel to have the proper alignment, the heat shield has to match the angle of the barrel taper at the top of the barrel.

Incredibly ugly I know.

NOW if Ruger came out with a S/S one with wood stock like a mini 14, I'd be all over it.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
A surprisingly fun gun to shoot though...

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post