Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4448 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
KH9 is a limited release model...basically a modern update of the SITES Spectre and is a blow-back design and top-charging. The GHM9 is a more budget-minded derivation of that the KH9 that is a more traditional layout.

The APC9 is blow-back as well but has a hydraulic damper system at the rear and is the smoothest firing of the three.

There's also the P26 which is a modern Tec-9 and the TP9 which is a blow-back semi version of teh MP9 which was originally a Steyr design.

Lastly, there's the weird pistol form factor USW which you can add a stock to. Think of it as a Sphinx SDP with Aimpoint micro optic and stock. Carry on the hip, fire from the shoulder.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Same mag on all of the 9mm, by the way, except the USW.

GHM9 2.0 is shipping now as well. Rumors of a Glock mag version, too.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
Rumors of a Glock mag version, too.

No rumor there Big Grin They exist and are coming. I half way think B&T is trolling all the "DoEs iT taKe gLOcK MagS" folks

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
In addition to what PGT covered, there are a few more differences. The GHM series also has the hydrolic buffer, like the APC. Both are also available in 45. If you are SBRing, the APC has the most solid stock. The TP9, P26 & GHM use the same thin wire stock, but the GHM and APC can also take a collapsing stock as well, but costs a cool $500, so adding that stock to the GHM puts it close to the price point of the APC9. The thin wire stock on the GHM9 also winds up with a very long LOP, so you don't see many versions of that. The APC is also available in an SD version, that is compatible with the MP5-SD suppressor mounts. The GHM-9 can also be had in a compact version, with a stubby barrel.

The most popular config right now seems to be the GHM with the collapsing stock and the tail hook pistol "brace", which folks seem to like as good as a proper stock, isn't as hinkey as most other braces & avoids the tax stamp.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:

In your opinion, is waiting for version two worth it?

Mostly, it depends on how valuable you think glock compatibility is. The Gen2 has an upper and bolt that will let you buy a glock mag lower. There's apparently some other changes to allow you to swap barrel/frontend, too.

There are some details here.

Posts: 831 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I have the APC9, TP9 and a P26 all SBR'd. If I get another it'll be a GHM9 G2 Compact and I'll add the brace. They only brought in 50 of the compacts.

If you're only getting one I'd go with the APC or GHM

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
And....I just brought home a GHM9 G2 Compact with brace from my buddy's shop. Its a handy little package.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
How much are the mags for the GHM9 G2?

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Why is GHM cheaper than the APC? Or rather why would one buy the APC if it cost more $?

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
And....I just brought home a GHM9 G2 Compact with brace from my buddy's shop. Its a handy little package.

Any pics of the compacto?

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Very cool, thanks. Hope to get one eventually.

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
The Scorpion Killer?

David W.

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
The Scorpion Killer?

At twice the price, I think not.

Its like comparing a SIG Legion to a Glock, IMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Yes...not cheap. But, at about $1850-1900, the entire thing is cheaper than an APC9 pistol alone

Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
The Scorpion Killer?

At twice the price, I think not.

Its like comparing a SIG Legion to a Glock, IMO.

The little mouse is eating a scorpion Wink

David W.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I've shot a Scorpion extensively and while I'd want an SBR'ed version with tucked can, this B&T is a different class of gun. Feels much better in hand.

Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Which one should I get main purpose as HD weapon and will support a can.
1) APC
2) GHM
3) GHM compact
4) wait for APC pro with non reciprocating charging handle

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post