Are you going to use a brace or SBR it?

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
Are you going to use a brace or SBR it?

Brace

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pgt how is its reliability? What are the main differnces betwee. Apc and ghm lines?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dear god that's sexy.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I started with an APC9 and followed with a GHM9. Have the collapsible Tailhook brace on the APC and the factory folder mod with Tailhook. My GHM9 was a gen1 and would not run HPs or flat nosed rounds until I sent it in for modification. Now it eats everything. They are both just as fun to shoot as the other and accurate as hell. I love them both. AMURR, the GHM9 has a threaded barrel AND a trilug for a can. APC is just trilug.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10X-Shooter:
I started with an APC9 and followed with a GHM9. Have the collapsible Tailhook brace on the APC and the factory folder mod with Tailhook. My GHM9 was a gen1 and would not run HPs or flat nosed rounds until I sent it in for modification. Now it eats everything. They are both just as fun to shoot as the other and accurate as hell. I love them both. AMURR, the GHM9 has a threaded barrel AND a trilug for a can. APC is just trilug.

Thanks, I am thinking I wait for the pro model to come out with non reciprocating charging handle.

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
No problem. Be careful though, they multiply as fast as rabbits.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is a good bnt 45 acp?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
GHM45 just got released.

posted Hide Post
I blame you PGT,

GHM45 is on the way

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Nice! I shot my TP9, APC9 and GHM9 two weekends ago...all suppressed. Save some crappy weak load AE 147gr, they all ran perfectly. Using some custom handloaded 147’s and they ran perfectly

posted Hide Post
When my suppressors go through, we will have to do a va sig forum shoot at my range.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
I blame you PGT,

GHM45 is on the way

Congrats!

posted Hide Post
I am very excited. I have 3 Ghost m suppressors set aside for my form 1 mpx, form 1 vector, and one for this wonderful gun.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
When my suppressors go through, we will have to do a va sig forum shoot at my range.

nice! depending on your setup, we can bring some MG's too if you'd like (FNC, MAC and MP5)

posted Hide Post
I will likely be building the berm up a bit more this winter.

I will likely take my mro off my mpx and put it on this. Then put another romeo 4 on the mpx.

Not sure yet.

posted Hide Post
I got it home, I pulled the romeo 5 off my kriss defiance 22lr.

I am unsure what i think of it on here. What say you all? It needs a light, and a 25rnd mag. Once the Ghost-m gets here it will be my night stand gun.

posted Hide Post
Put quite a few rounds through it today. About 600ish

Cci blazer, fiochi, s&b, sig sauer, sig sauer hollow points.

There were a few failures to feed. The ball ammo that was a bit older with some stickiness to the brass would not fully chamber. Cycling the bolt partially back did not do it. You had to safe the gun, drop the mag. Eject the round or seat it with your finger. Then drop the bolt, insert the mag. Fire etc.

Brass with jacketed fmj i had two failures from the brands listed above.

Out of that 600 i had 150 rounds of American eagle Syntec . (Red coated lead) these rounds would not strip the first round from the mag. 1 round 5 rouns 10 or 17. It did not matter. The bolt seemingly did not have the strength to seat the rounds in The chamber. Conversely, these rounds were underpowered, making it more likely to cause them not to feed the next round.

I found if i sucked the ghm45 to my shoulder and fired the syntech like i did all the other ammo it would fail to feed every round in a mag.

If i gripped it loosely, face off the brace, barely any front hand and brace not touching my shoulder the damn thing would feed all but the first round.

I will not be useing any more syntech..

Quite a bit of blow back on this one.. Here is my left hand after 600 rounds.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
My KH9 was similar....did not like weak loads at a all

posted Hide Post
quote:
My KH9 was similar....did not like weak loads at a all

The american eagle syntech (lip stick ammo) biggest issue is first round feed.

I shot 100 rounds of ball fmj off the bat, then swapped to AES. Failure to feed every round. Ran 350 rounds of ball and hp through it. It stared feeding subsequent AES rounds after that, if i loosened up on the gun and let the recoil do the work. It would not feed the firzt round though.

I have 500 more of those AES rounds, i will ear mark them for my 625.