Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Null Login/Join 
Picture of Amurr
posted Hide Post
Ok, help me with a Black Friday purchase. The objective is a primary home defense gun that will probably be stored in one of those fancy wall shelf’s. Additional budget is set aside for optics, mags, ammo, octane 9k(probably) and a training class. I don’t want an AR right now, like the concept of a suppressed 9mm sub gun pistol, primarily shooting 147gr ammo for my own reasons and am a long term investor who like the long term value (utility and enjoyment, not financial) of B&t

1) APC9 with standard folding brace. 2k
2) GHM9 gen 2 with telescoping brace 1.9k
3) GHM9 gen 2 with folding brace. 1.7k
4) better deal which is $$?
5) wait for the APC9 pro $$??

My gut says top 3 choices are:

1)APC9: get the big boy/swat team version, folding brace provided is affordable and effective, can always upgrade to better folding brace or telescoping brace at a later time
3)GHM9 gen 2 with folding brace: most svelt, lowest upfront cost
5)wait for the APC 9: pro patience grasshopper, the non reciprocating charging handle is a difference

Posts: 2628 | Location: On the shore of Lake Lanier | Registered: November 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ghm9 with tailhook. I am impressed with the combo i have ghm 45. One question. Do you have a beard, mustache? If so, get a normal pistol and put in for sbr with the savings. It is a hair puller. With out any doubt. No facial hair no issues.

As mentioned above, mine did not like low powered cheap ammo.

I now have almost 800 rounds through mine. Regular ball and hp stuff works really well.

As far as optic. Well. I have sig romeo 5 on mine. I would like a wider field of view and less issues with glare.
The round tube on the guns boxy nature annoys me. I am seriously thinking of an eotech xps3-2.

I picked up 2 25rnd mags, flared mag well, and folding charging bolt. Of those , the flared mag well is the only one i am not sure about. So far i have not had issues with the ambi safety bugging my hand while shooting.

I will probably take off the irons, they are supurflous and just in my line of sight. One optic mentioned that i had not considered was the trijicon rmr on a high mount.

I am not sure if i wand another red dot or some form of holographic sight that will give my astigmatism less issues. I know the xps3 will have less battery life than other options.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post