SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    ~*~Recommend a Decent, Inexpensive Rifle Scope~*~
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~*~Recommend a Decent, Inexpensive Rifle Scope~*~ Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
One of these Redfields is on sale. US made. I have some of their binoculars and they are extremely clear.

http://www.cabelas.com/product...7&rid=12&WT.tsrc=AFF

Should work ok

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
There's been some good ones mentioned already, but the folks on the rimfire forum seem to like the Mueller APV. I bought one for my 10/22 build and it is excellent.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2756 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Gimme your address and I will send you a Ruger branded rimfire 4x32 scope.

It has the Ruger logo over the eyepiece.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm more curious about some of the names I've never heard before like CVLife, UTG, Barska, AIM sports and a few others.

Run, Run, Run Away!!!!
Stick with Burris, Nikon, Weaver, or Bushnell in that price range and you'll be fine. Those companies have good warranties and customer service.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Primary Arms Fixed Power 6X32 Rifle Scope w/ ACSS .22LR BDC Reticle PA6X32-22LR

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...diav40NML&ref=plSrch

Posts: 3508 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
At your price point the Nikon Pro Staff .22 is hard to beat. I have a 3x9-40 on my 10/22 and I'm very happy with it. If you can stretch the budget a bit the Leupold VX-1 2-7x28mm Rimfire is an excellent lightweight scope that doesn't look out of place on any .22. Exceptionally clear and takes a beating without losing zero. I've had on on my 39A for years without touching the adjustments except to change magnification which I usually leave at 4x.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
The folks recommending lower magnification make a good case. In most cases, .22 is limited to about 100 yards, which is when you lose supersonic. I know there are guys shooting much farther than that, but unless you are going for distance, the wider field and lower magnification make shooting a .22 easier, because you lose some of the jitter you get (or, at least I get) at higher magnification. I have a 3-9 on mine, and if I replace it, would go with a top mag of 7, or even 4.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I think that the Redfield line is a lot of bang for the buck. Owned by Leopold with their lifetime warranty.

I have 2 of these on .22 rifles and they are perfect for plinking. I'm pretty sure you can find a better price than here.

https://www.amazon.com/Redfiel...words=redfield+scope

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
It's always advisable to have an adjustable objective on a rimfire scope.
Mueller makes excellent rimfire scopes.
The APT/APV scopes are very popular on Rimfire Central.
I have an APV on one of my rimires and it is an excellent scope for that purpose.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out vortex.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I think that the Redfield line is a lot of bang for the buck. Owned by Leopold with their lifetime warranty.

I have 2 of these on .22 rifles and they are perfect for plinking. I'm pretty sure you can find a better price than here.

Jim

$129 at Cabelas on sale at the link above

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I've got one of the PA 4-16x44 on my TacSol X-Ring 22LR. It's held zero for the last 2+ years with tons of range trips getting bumped around.

https://www.amazon.com/Primary...-Scope/dp/B00FGGIJMO

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

$129 at Cabelas on sale at the link above

There you go. That's a very good deal and it's with free shipping. It's about what I paid a number of years ago.

Hmmmm........maybe I should run up the road and pick up another one.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
E-mail Sent

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your recommendations. Tonight, I received and email from a forum member. They ordered a Burris FullField II scope from Amazon and is shipping it to me as a Instant Karma. The members of this forum are simply the most generous people I have ever met.

Thank you very much, anonymous forum member, I truly appreciate your generosity and will think of you whenever I shoot my Ruger.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rotndad:
Thank you all for your recommendations. Tonight, I received and email from a forum member. They ordered a Burris FullField II scope from Amazon and is shipping it to me as a Instant Karma. The members of this forum are simply the most generous people I have ever met.

Thank you very much, anonymous forum member, I truly appreciate your generosity and will think of you whenever I shoot my Ruger.

DAAAAAAAAAAMN!!!!!

This place rules.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Gimme your address and I will send you a Ruger branded rimfire 4x32 scope.

It has the Ruger logo over the eyepiece.

Damn Mars, I completely missed your offer. Thank you very much. But, an anonymous forum member bought me a Burris Fullfield II scope from Amazon.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
way to start your first post without reading the thread,good job!

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
The Bushnell AR series are a good scope for best bang for the buck category.

Posts: 229 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Optics are one of those things you get what you pay for- most precision shooters easily have more in optics than the gun they are on. Optical clarity repeatable adjustments durability are all factors that should result in not cheating out on optics. I will stick with irons long before I would depend on a cheap scope.

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post