SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    ~*~Recommend a Decent, Inexpensive Rifle Scope~*~
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

~*~Recommend a Decent, Inexpensive Rifle Scope~*~ Login/Join 
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted
I'm looking for a good, inexpensive scope to mount on my Ruger Rimfire rifle. I would like to keep it under $150 or so as I can't see spending more on glass than I did the rifle. Searching on Amazon isn't much help. I see a lot of cheap scopes from manufactureres I've never heard of.

What do you guys recommend?

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a bushnell rimfire scope that was fairly nice on a .22 a few years back. I gave it to a friend. I had the 3-9x 36mm one. They sell for about $90. They also make an adjustable 42mm one that goes for $122 at Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bus...-Tube-Black/49839141

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Nikon prostaff rimfire for new in that price range
I have a couple lying around, can get them used around $100 with BDC reticle

Burris MSR a little over 150, just eyeballed it in store, looks nice

Bunch of cheaper options, you’re in the right price range though, buy once...cry once as grandpa always said

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
What magnification are you looking for, what features? I am happy with my Mueller APT 4.5-14 on my CZ-455, but it's used with both 22LR and 12HMR - so I shoot to 200yrds with it with the 17HMR. $175 at amazon currently. Of course, I'd prefer side focus knobs and FFP - but that would be much more expensive.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sig Forum Smart-Ass
Picture of Rotndad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
What magnification are you looking for, what features? I am happy with my Mueller APT 4.5-14 on my CZ-455, but it's used with both 22LR and 12HMR - so I shoot to 200yrds with it with the 17HMR. $175 at amazon currently. Of course, I'd prefer side focus knobs and FFP - but that would be much more expensive.

It's just for plinking. 3-9 is more than adequate. I'm more curious about some of the names I've never heard before like CVLife, UTG, Barska, AIM sports and a few others. Some of them are pretty feature heavy for a cheap price AND get decent reviews. But I trust SIG Forum reviews WAY more than Amazon reviews.

Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force, but through persistence.
-Ovid

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Posts: 10192 | Location: Land O Lakes, FLA | Registered: June 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Bounty is better than Scott's...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vortex.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-R...-Rifle/dp/B00I3M8BN0

Have one of these on a 10/22, I like it for the cost.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
I ended up with one of these for $114 shipped

https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-P...ikon+prostaff+3-9x40

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Although much maligned, we use several NCStar riflescopes. Never an issue. In fact, we have their 24x target-scopes on a couple of our test rifles, which we probably couldn't otherwise afford.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
I actually use and like Cabella's own brand of rimfire riflescope and have found the BDC reticle to be very useful! Lifetime warranty too, got mine for less than $115 shipped.

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Burris Fullfield E1. MSRP is $239, but you can find it for far less.

https://www.burrisoptics.com/s...-riflescope-2-7x35mm

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Used Burris Fullfield, $125 or so.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Check Natchez Shooter's Supply for warranted Nikon Prostaff refurbs.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a really decent scope for the money:

https://www.amazon.com/Weaver-...words=weaver+rimfire

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Simmons 22 Mag for cheap magnified. A Romeo 5 on sale from Brownells for a 1x dot.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
BSA Sweet22

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
email sent

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Nikon on sale.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
Just put one of these Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 4-12 x 40's on my 10/22.

Only enough rounds through it to zero, but it's clear and bright on an indoor range. Easy to adjust. Tactile clicks. I like it so far.

They also have a 3-9 x 40 version for about $20 less, but I'm impatient, and Amazon only had the 4-12 x 40 version in stock.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post