SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Help Request – Replacement Target Sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help Request – Replacement Target Sight Login/Join 
Picture of 229DAK
posted
Requesting help from the SigForum rifle collective, please.

After my father passed, I got his Remington M540X .22 caliber target rifle. It’s in great condition, except I cannot find the rear peep sight. Pictures attached and of the mounting bar on the left side of the receiver.

I’ve done some Internet searches but just not sure what, exactly, will work as a replacement rear sight. One possibility is a Lyman 90MJT target receiver sight?

I would appreciate any help the Forum could offer. Thank you in advance.

Front sight (for reference):

Receiver and mounting bar:

Receiver and mounting bar; closer view:

Make/model:

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3197 | Location: 9860 ft above sea level Colorado | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lyman Model 90mjt
https://www.lymanproducts.com/...rget-receiver-sight/

you will need the 540 mounting base
quote:
Mounting Base Model Of Gun
540 Fits Marlin 2000, Remington Models
540-X, 541-S, 580*, 581*, 582*
510 Fits Remington Models 510*,511*,512*, 513-T, 521-T
52 Fits Winchester Model 52-D
75 Fits Winchester Model 75
64 Fits Savage/Anschutz Model 64' and Mark 12'

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might also fit the Marble-Goss target sight. I have several on my Winchester 52’s. They have a similar mount on the rifle.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Redfield sight on my Remington 540X. I don't remember which one. They made several models.

As a side note, my 540X is very accurate. I just wish it had a two stage trigger, more adjustable stock and was a little heavier. That said it shoots very well with SK match extra ammo. I won a couple of 100 yard matches with that ammo in the 540X.

I did a lot of my 1000 yard practice with that rifle and ammo combo as it closely matched my Service Rifle load drop and as long as the wind wasn't to bad the wind drift. Which helped me with winning several long range high power matches.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post