Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ar47 Login/Join 
Picture of jezsuiz
posted
Anyone have or built one? Any idea of good mags?
Thinking about building or buying one for hog hunting.

Posts: 556 | Location: NE not new england | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Only 2 to consider... ASC or C products

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Only one - CProducts Defense.

jezsuiz, I like Armalites and others have had good luck with other brands that are as or more expensive. Palmetto State Armory reportedly had some problems when their rifles first came out, but I don't know how they're doing now. There are also some really cheap options out there as well (Google Radical Firearms and see what comes up), but I can't really tell you anything about how well they're made.

If you build, Faxon barrels and LMT bolts seem to be the shiznit.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Rather than hassling with a finicky AR in 7.62x39, why not just go with an AK?

I've hunted hogs on numerous occasions with my Krebs AK-103K.

Most of the older complaints about AKs (lack of accuracy, lack of optic mounting options, etc.) are non-issues these days.

You could also look into some of the similar 7.62x39 platforms, like the Vz. 58 or Galil Ace.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
If you have to have an AR that shoots 7.62x39, I'd look at the CMMG Mutant.
Yes, it's as hideous as it sounds, but at least the platform circumvents the issue of AR magazines that feed 7.62x39. The AR Mutant takes AK magazines (downside is, no LRBHO feature).

In terms of "I want 7.62x39 ballistics," I would look at .300 BLK offerings. It's a much easier way to get similar results, and in the end, might offer options (subsonic, etc) that 7.62x39 offerings do not.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Delta-3
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have to have an AR that shoots 7.62x39, I'd look at the CMMG Mutant.

I will second this.

Rom 13:4 If you do evil, be afraid. For he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is God's minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil.

Posts: 704 | Location: NW Ohio but Montana is always home. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post