SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A well-written treatise on choosing your riflescope
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A well-written treatise on choosing your riflescope Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just FYI, ILya writes his name with capital I, capital L. I was not making a typo. Don't ask, I just respect how someone writes his or her name.

ILya does various types of shooting but I doubt he's anywhere as involved in PRS as you are, just as he is not at the same involvement level as I am in F-class. He will be the first to tell you that, so your opinion on what you think is suitable for PRS carries more weight than his, in my book, but he knows an awful lot about optics.

So his reviews may not place the proper emphasis on certain aspects or features for a PRS scope, but he won't be far off either. And opinions are just that, opinions.

I also don't agree with him on certain things, especially when it comes to 1000 yard F-class scopes, but I do respect his opinions and it's a two way street.

Opinions can and do evolve over time. Brands grow stale, others surge forward, new ones appear. It's a fun time in optics.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2Malamutes
posted Hide Post
Well, looks like it has disappeared. Perhaps the dark lord sent out his stormtroopers to deal with this usurper who dared elevate a S&B. Too bad, I’d have liked to have read it as one who doesn’t care to afford the “best”, whatever that means, but does enjoy getting the best value in the qualities that matter to me.

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Lower Michigan | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
So back down to us bottom dwellers.... Most of us don't "need" the best available, or even the best we can afford. We just need a "good" scope that holds it zero and doesn't fog up in the rain, the place where most of us seem to go hunting. Not sure we can even pick out any differences between the best and other options. I'm just going to guess the "best" would be wasted on us.

I'm going to guess we've crashed the writers web page by so many of us wanting to read it. Their IT guy just reloaded the page without that article so it can be accessed by others (less picky folks).

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's weird. I can pull it up with no problem.

The OP did mess up the link. If you get a 404, just delete the two trailing slashes. They may show ip on the address line as a pair of %5c.

Posts: 3398 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ This.
And thank you.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2008 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
https://element-optics.com/11-...oosing-a-riflescope/

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you copy the link you posted on page 1 and paste it in a browser address or better yet, just paste it in notepad, you will notice that it has a slash followed by %5c%5c. The 5c is the hexadecimal ASCII equivalent of the backslash. So, %5c%5c is \\. Now some browsers will ignore those extraneous characters and the page will come right up, others will transmit those characters and you will get a 404. I've tried 3 or 4 different browsers and some get the page, others get a 404. If you edited your post on the first page and removed the /\\ from the end of the link, the page would always come up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: NikonUser,

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I guess I didn't delete my last post fast enough.

OK, thanks, I'll do that editing now.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I guess I didn't delete my last post fast enough.

OK, thanks, I'll do that editing now.

I just noticed you deleted the post.

The link in the first post now works perfectly.

People should have not trouble pulling it up and thanks again for the link.