SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bought a SCAR 17S
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a SCAR 17S Login/Join 
posted
I bought it Friday. I like it. It’s in the hard to find scary black color which makes it ugg boot stock a fashion statement.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
WINNING!!!

I saw them hitting the market again and was wondering when I'd see new owners!

Mine is in the OG FDE from back in the 2012s... Plenty of haters but I think it's a great rifle.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I've decided most of the Scar haters don't own one, and were told to hate it by the internet.

I love mine. Congrats on the pick up!!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Gratz! I love my Scar 17 battle rifle. Now find you a good LPO and you are gtg!

Posts: 396 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
I bought it Friday. I like it. It’s in the hard to find scary black color which makes it ugg boot stock a fashion statement.

Did you buy the one at Rainier Arms? I nearly snagged it, but went with something a bit cheaper to spread out the budget a tad. This July 1st thing is getting very real. Congrats.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Are the US made Scars hitting the market yet?

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Only the MK20, but rumor is they'll be making 16/17s here 'soon'; not sure what the timeline is yet.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s in the hard to find scary black color which makes it ugg boot stock a fashion statement.

They are twice as deadly as the FDE ones. Good choice!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Great choice! The all black SCARs are 10,000% more accurate and longer range than the FDE. They also trim 2" from your waist.

Seriously, congrats and enjoy. I love my 17. I highly recommend the Geisselle trigger - it's splendid.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
West Coast Armory North

Did you buy the one at Rainier Arms? I nearly snagged it, but went with something a bit cheaper to spread out the budget a tad. This July 1st thing is getting very real. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually used the July 1st I-1639 changes as self justification to buy it. :-)

Seriously, this law is going to suck for Rifle purchases. This is probably my last rifle purchase to stay off their list. We’re slowly becoming California....

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
We’re slowly becoming California....

Slowly?! Pfft!

And BTW re your tag line, you sure Federal Way isn't a prison? Course, I'm from gritty Tacoma, but at least we know what we are.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
RTG Parts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I've decided most of the Scar haters don't own one, and were told to hate it by the internet.

I love mine. Congrats on the pick up!!

Sad isn't it. Pretty typical on the Internet. If you can't afford something you must hate it and try to destroy it.

Love my Scars. Absolutely great weapons. Amazing how clean they shoot.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.

Posts: 459 | Location: Sheridan, Wyoming | Registered: March 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Pistols and shotguns, too. Anything semi-auto, man. Yesterday when I picked up a few more things, the guy running my paperwork through and I were talking about it and he said he couldn’t wait to see what the state’s 4473 count for the month would be. It’s got to be astronomical.

As for becoming California, this was the last straw for me. We won’t be living in Washington state long term. Not with the idiots on the radio crowing about 1639 being “just the beginning” of their efforts.

quote:
I actually used the July 1st I-1639 changes as self justification to buy it. :-)

Seriously, this law is going to suck for Rifle purchases. This is probably my last rifle purchase to stay off their list. We’re slowly becoming California....

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

Saw a US made 17S at my LGS today, so the answer is yes.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like mine and wouldnt trade it for all the tea. I've recently thought about building an AR10 but its hard to cheat on my girl.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
What’s your first 17 related purchase going to be besides ammo and mags? G Super Scar trigger wholeheartedly endorsed. Congrats.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vincent317
posted Hide Post
OP: Congrats on your purchase of the SCAR 17. Great rifles, I love shooting mine. I guess I was fortunate as I did not have an issue with the original trigger. I have noticed that the black version is more accurate than the FDE version especially at a range of 300+ yards.

Posts: 593 | Location: NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered a Super Scar trigger today and 5 additional mags.

Picture of jac1304
posted Hide Post
Going to be a busy gun buying weekend here in Washington State...congrats on the purchase..

Posts: 908 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post