SIGforum
Bought a SCAR 17S

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/9380002854

June 24, 2019, 08:49 PM
2PAK
Bought a SCAR 17S
I bought it Friday. I like it. It’s in the hard to find scary black color which makes it ugg boot stock a fashion statement.
June 24, 2019, 08:54 PM
RHINOWSO
WINNING!!!

I saw them hitting the market again and was wondering when I'd see new owners!

Mine is in the OG FDE from back in the 2012s... Plenty of haters but I think it's a great rifle.
June 24, 2019, 09:02 PM
Andyb
I've decided most of the Scar haters don't own one, and were told to hate it by the internet.

I love mine. Congrats on the pick up!!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."
June 24, 2019, 09:12 PM
D4Heavy
Gratz! I love my Scar 17 battle rifle. Now find you a good LPO and you are gtg!
June 25, 2019, 12:05 AM
P220 Smudge
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
I bought it Friday. I like it. It’s in the hard to find scary black color which makes it ugg boot stock a fashion statement.

Did you buy the one at Rainier Arms? I nearly snagged it, but went with something a bit cheaper to spread out the budget a tad. This July 1st thing is getting very real. Congrats.

June 25, 2019, 05:58 AM
Chowser
Are the US made Scars hitting the market yet?

Not minority enough!
June 25, 2019, 11:25 AM
RHINOWSO
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Only the MK20, but rumor is they'll be making 16/17s here 'soon'; not sure what the timeline is yet.
June 25, 2019, 01:54 PM
Loswsmith
quote:
It’s in the hard to find scary black color which makes it ugg boot stock a fashion statement.

They are twice as deadly as the FDE ones. Good choice!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
June 25, 2019, 05:27 PM
ShneaSIG
Great choice! The all black SCARs are 10,000% more accurate and longer range than the FDE. They also trim 2" from your waist.

Seriously, congrats and enjoy. I love my 17. I highly recommend the Geisselle trigger - it's splendid.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"
June 25, 2019, 09:03 PM
2PAK
West Coast Armory North

Did you buy the one at Rainier Arms? I nearly snagged it, but went with something a bit cheaper to spread out the budget a tad. This July 1st thing is getting very real. Congrats.[/QUOTE]
June 25, 2019, 09:20 PM
2PAK
I actually used the July 1st I-1639 changes as self justification to buy it. :-)

Seriously, this law is going to suck for Rifle purchases. This is probably my last rifle purchase to stay off their list. We’re slowly becoming California....
June 26, 2019, 10:49 AM
Loswsmith
quote:
We’re slowly becoming California....

Slowly?! Pfft!

And BTW re your tag line, you sure Federal Way isn't a prison? Course, I'm from gritty Tacoma, but at least we know what we are.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi
June 26, 2019, 11:43 AM
Robert Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I've decided most of the Scar haters don't own one, and were told to hate it by the internet.

I love mine. Congrats on the pick up!!

Sad isn't it. Pretty typical on the Internet. If you can't afford something you must hate it and try to destroy it.

Love my Scars. Absolutely great weapons. Amazing how clean they shoot.

NRA LIFE MEMBER - NSSF MEMBER

www.RobertRTG.com for the best prices on HK, AK, MG42, Uzi parts and more.
June 26, 2019, 12:41 PM
P220 Smudge
Pistols and shotguns, too. Anything semi-auto, man. Yesterday when I picked up a few more things, the guy running my paperwork through and I were talking about it and he said he couldn’t wait to see what the state’s 4473 count for the month would be. It’s got to be astronomical.

As for becoming California, this was the last straw for me. We won’t be living in Washington state long term. Not with the idiots on the radio crowing about 1639 being “just the beginning” of their efforts.

quote:
I actually used the July 1st I-1639 changes as self justification to buy it. :-)

Seriously, this law is going to suck for Rifle purchases. This is probably my last rifle purchase to stay off their list. We’re slowly becoming California....

June 26, 2019, 05:26 PM
Dwill104
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:

Saw a US made 17S at my LGS today, so the answer is yes.
June 26, 2019, 09:31 PM
Anubismp
I like mine and wouldnt trade it for all the tea. I've recently thought about building an AR10 but its hard to cheat on my girl.
June 27, 2019, 01:29 AM
10X-Shooter
What’s your first 17 related purchase going to be besides ammo and mags? G Super Scar trigger wholeheartedly endorsed. Congrats.
June 27, 2019, 11:09 AM
vincent317
OP: Congrats on your purchase of the SCAR 17. Great rifles, I love shooting mine. I guess I was fortunate as I did not have an issue with the original trigger. I have noticed that the black version is more accurate than the FDE version especially at a range of 300+ yards.
June 27, 2019, 08:15 PM
2PAK
Ordered a Super Scar trigger today and 5 additional mags.
June 27, 2019, 11:55 PM
jac1304
Going to be a busy gun buying weekend here in Washington State...congrats on the purchase..