SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Small world of Boer War Mausers....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small world of Boer War Mausers.... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
the Boer War Mauser #6688 shown at 9:35 in Ian McCullum's [SP?] Forgotten Weapons -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSShy_Yr3U&t=968s

is just three digits younger than mine - #6691.

How and when did they get separated? What stories they would tell if they could!

Mine was taken from its owner on May 10th 1901 after the Korannafontein skirmish/débacle was over.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tacfoley,

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
What stories they would tell if they could!

Indeed. Martial Mausers are a history book unto themselves and the volumes are endless. Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 3505 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They are going to need them back.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
They are going to need them back.

They’d be better off with some Vector R4’s...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I've just had a post on gunboards.com from 'Slim kerel' who has #6334 - AND he, too, lives in UK. I've asked him if he would like a photo-op meet-up.

Pretty cool, eh?

Posts: 11316 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
That was a very informative video; thanks.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. Nice post.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post