SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Small world of Boer War Mausers....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small world of Boer War Mausers.... Login/Join 
half-genius,
half-wit
posted
the Boer War Mauser #6688 shown at 9:35 in Ian McCullum's [SP?] Forgotten Weapons -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjSShy_Yr3U&t=968s

is just three digits younger than mine - #6691.

How and when did they get separated? What stories they would tell if they could!

Mine was taken from its owner on May 10th 1901 after the Korannafontein skirmish/débacle was over.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tacfoley,

Posts: 9164 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
What stories they would tell if they could!

Indeed. Martial Mausers are a history book unto themselves and the volumes are endless. Thank you for sharing.

Posts: 2403 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
They are going to need them back.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 31004 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
They are going to need them back.

They’d be better off with some Vector R4’s...

NIKE- The Swoosh with a Douche

Posts: 9276 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I've just had a post on gunboards.com from 'Slim kerel' who has #6334 - AND he, too, lives in UK. I've asked him if he would like a photo-op meet-up.

Pretty cool, eh?

Posts: 9164 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
That was a very informative video; thanks.

“The [Roman] legions had crumbled not because organizational weaknesses, technological backwardness, or even problems of command and discipline, but because of the dearth of free citizens who were willing to fight for their own freedom and the values of their civilization.”
— Victor Davis Hanson, Why the West Has Won

Posts: 38907 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Very interesting. Nice post.

Posts: 659 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post