SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Any opinions on Wolf uppers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any opinions on Wolf uppers? Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted
https://www.aimsurplus.com/pro...IGN_2018_09_06_02_31

Seems like a good deal for a piston upper...maybe too good??

Anyone have experience with these?

Thanks

JB

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I saw those as well, I didn't know they made any thing other than ammo.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3640 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Not to dump on SF, but there's a huge thread on those over on the AK Files - look for Taiwanese 91. I don't know much about them myself beyond the fact that they're semiauto versions of the Taiwanese issue infantry rifles, or I'd be happy to run it down for you.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
OK...Thanks...these are indeed the same as the T-91 uppers that Atlantic was selling...thought the name was familiar.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.c...oducts/wolf-a1-upper

Originally $599 IIRC...

JB

quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Not to dump on SF, but there's a huge thread on those over on the AK Files - look for Taiwanese 91. I don't know much about them myself beyond the fact that they're semiauto versions of the Taiwanese issue infantry rifles, or I'd be happy to run it down for you.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I like the funky look. I'm interested!

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
There's enough bits and pieces out there that at least one person has put together a reproduction ROC rifle.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I like that it is a turn key piston upper that doesn't break the bank. I've got an Adam's Arms 10.5" piston upper pistol and have found it to be 100% reliable and super clean internally, thanks to no gases making it into the upper receiver. This might be worth a look.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Imma start saving up for one of these. I hope they get the pistol uppers back in stock.

Posts: 6008 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:

Wolf makes paper boxes. They put other people's ammo in them. Now they make bigger boxes and put other people's AR parts in them. In this case the parts come from Taiwan.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:

Wolf makes paper boxes. They put other people's ammo in them. Now they make bigger boxes and put other people's AR parts in them. In this case the parts come from Taiwan.

this is how i understand it

wolf is basically a big multi-national distributor. basically the name on the box.

you need to research 'what's in the box'.

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by SgtGold:
quote:

this is how i understand it

wolf is basically a big multi-national distributor. basically the name on the box.

you need to research 'what's in the box'.

----------------------------------

SK makes Wolf 22lr ammo. I once opened a brick of Wolf Match Target and inside were 50 round boxes of SK Standard. I kid you not.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the 16" Wolf A1 upper. I finished an 80% lower engraved with T91 markings, added a T91 stock and sight set to have a T91 clone.

516 rounds now fired with zero malfunctions. Since the bolt carrier is M16 style, I put it on a M16 lower and fired 45 shouts full auto as a test.

Bbl is 4150 CHF nitrided 1 in 7 twist. I'd prefer chrome lined and a little weight off the bbl, but maybe that's just me. In the 516 rounds fired, my throat erosion gage shows no wear. Doesn't seem picky on loads for accuracy and functioning. I mainly shoot 50gr frangible bullets at 2647fps, and they function fine. When using 55-62 grain "regular" bullets at higher velocity than the frangibles, it hits about 1/2" higher at my 34yd plinking range.

I have NO regrets buying it. Pd $499 for mine.

Posts: 137 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dae Zee:
I have the 16" Wolf A1 upper. I finished an 80% lower engraved with T91 markings, added a T91 stock and sight set to have a T91 clone.

Thanks for all of the info and the range report. Could you share some pics, please!!??

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
12.5" are now in stock for those that were waiting.
https://www.aimsurplus.com/pro...spx?item=XWAUT91B125

I'm still on the fence. Dae Zee, pics would really be appreciated. Thanks!