SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MSRP on 716I TREAD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MSRP on 716I TREAD Login/Join 
posted
Just got email today. Anybody know a price?

Posts: 4 | Registered: February 28, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am not sure on the MSRP but if it is priced right I am interested in it.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
MAGA
Picture of D_Steve
posted Hide Post
at about 1:20 he says $1299.

"Let's Go Brandon"

Posts: 1536 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
Damn, Sig's getting competitive in the .308 market ! The pervious gen's were $2k+...

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
Damn, Sig's getting competitive in the .308 market ! The pervious gen's were $2k+...

This is a DI 308. If my dealer had the right info - it is similar to the rifle that Sig sold to India.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It actually looks nice!

I'm still not ready to invest in .308 yet. But this looks good. I'm still wanting a SCAR though.

They also need to proofread.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7990 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Does it follow one the patterns? I really would love to see someone pickup the DPMS g2. The small receiver .308 is a sweet rifle.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
This is a DI 308. If my dealer had the right info - it is similar to the rifle that Sig sold to India.

Awww, it all makes sense now... https://www.ballisticmag.com/2...di-rifle-first-look/

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If it’s DI, then SIG ought to change the name given that the previous 716 was a piston gun. A bit of bait and switch and/or dodgy advertising, I think. When SIG started making DI ARs, they at least came up with a different name (M400) to differentiate it from the piston 516.

Posts: 3325 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Gas system length on these?

I'm not seeing, ( so far ) this listed. From the pic, the gas block looks to be farther forward than carbine length, so perhaps it's mid-length or somewhere in that vicinity. It doesn't look to have all that much barrel left for the best dwell time, but if it's around a mid-length system, I could work with that.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

If it’s DI, then SIG ought to change the name given that the previous 716 was a piston gun. A bit of bait and switch and/or dodgy advertising, I think. When SIG started making DI ARs, they at least came up with a different name (M400) to differentiate it from the piston 516.

Hundred percent agree with this !

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:
quote:

I think the "I" stands for "Impingement". Perhaps "DI" would have been a better suffix.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
Assuming these aren’t discontinued yet, anyone have any experience with one? At 8.5lbs it still seems a little portly, I’d guess thats due to Sigs lower receiver design and barrel profile. Still nice to see more options.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
8.5 isn't bad for an AR-10 type rifle, actually. Many of them push 9.5 and up in stock configuration. Mostly the barrel and BCG that adds the weight, or at least that's the way my CM762 feels.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Depends on the barrel taper, but 8.5 isn’t awful. You can get a little lower in other factory guns, but it’s usually around 8 lbs.

There is no free lunch in rifle weight. The weight is mostly in the barrel. The SCAR 17 is light, but the groups open up noticeably when the barrel heats up because the barrel is light. SCAR fan boys will tell you it doesn’t happen, but...physics. You’re gonna sacrifice accuracy to go light in steel barrels. You just have to decide what’s more important.

I have AR 10’s with both heavier and lighter barrels. I can absolutely tell the difference when they heat up. Different guns for different uses.

Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I realize that 8.5lbs isn’t too bad for a large frame AR10. My 1st gen 716DMR is practically a bench gun only due to it’s weight, don’t recall it at the moment.

I was comparing this new 716i to the current 2nd gen piston 716s. The DMR with a Magpul PRS stock and 18” barrel is listed as 8.8lbs and the Patrol at 9.5lbs. The numbers just don’t seem to make sense. With a simple DI operating system, 16” barrel, reasonably light MOE stock, lower upper receiver and hand guard height I guess I expected a more impressively low number.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Gotcha - I don't place much faith in website weights.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
To Rhino’s point, I recently picked up a CMMG 308 and the listed weight was 8.1 lbs. I put it on my digital scale and it actually weighs 8.35 pounds.

Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I should know better than to put too much into the listed weights, but got excited. I just picked up my POF Rogue rifle and in stock form with no mag it is 5.9lbs on my digital, as advertised. So kudos to POF, I’ll add a little weight with an ambi charging handle, a suppressor compatible muzzle device and maybe a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block.

A different animal at a more premium price point but so far it seems worth it.