SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Colt M16’s with white colored in rollmarks, OEM?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colt M16’s with white colored in rollmarks, OEM? Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
Did any of the Colts come from the factory with the rollmark colored in white?

See quite a few and wonder if these were delivered from the factory with the rollmark colored in.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I don't believe so, I think bubbas get happy with crayons.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

yep,

does make them easier to photograph,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Also to do a sensitive items inventory.

Posts: 816 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Big Grin That was a fad ten years back,some of the shooters that came to my range thought it made their guns special.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
When I sent my AR off to Birdsong and Associates for their Black-T treatment years ago, it came back with the safe in white and fire in red. It's unobtrusive, so I left it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am responsible for doing our inventory of our DRMO M-16's. I use white chalk to make the serial numbers stand out and easy to photograph.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
The only thing white on them was the inspection stamp on the front of the lower. I've seen a pre '86 M16 in original condition and that stamp is there. They rubbed off easily so pretty rare to see them.

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use paint but put white on safe and red on fire. Simple and I like it. My definition of bubba is when you start filling in rollmarks that have no bearing like the manufacturer, etc. To each his own. I have also dremeled and stippled a Glock so I might actually be a bubba though, lol.

Posts: 7347 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Same here; model paint on the safe/fire markings and that's it. I like the extra visual cue which is common on many guns already and how it looks.

I got an awesome large head safety for my 870 https://sjhardware.us/product/...ctical-jumbo-safety/ and it had an indentation on each side to put the color in.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Not OEM.

Use a crayon if you want, easily removable.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I’ve been watching YouTube shooting videos while I’ve been recouping from a few medical issues...Jerry Miculek has a series called “unicorn guns” filmed in Florida at a museum...
He is shooting a prototype AR10 from 1957...when he and it’s owner are going over it when they turned it I noticed it had white painted roll marks...
This series of videos are pretty good...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/UCmHxieQduE

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
That was the trend in the 1970's at gun shows to make it easier for patrons to identify guns.

Kind of a pain, but the guns were handled a lot less when everything was easy to read.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2270 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post